bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

Trailer Connector Adapter Needed to Convert 6-Way to 4-Pole


i need a adaptor to go from a 6 pin round to a 4 prong flat that will work ! i used the adaptor that i used on my jeep but get no power at the trailer four prong flat please help and thank you


Expert Reply:

The 30637 adapter you referenced is designed to convert an existing 4-pole connector on a vehicle for a 6-way for a trailer. The white wire needs to be grounded to the vehicle frame, and once the 4-pole on the adapter is plugged into the 4-pole on the vehicle.

However, it sounds like you're wanting to convert the existing trailer connector on the vehicle to work with a 4-pole on the trailer by using and adapter like # PK12717.

Before installing an adapter, you will want to ensure that the trailer connector on the vehicle is functioning properly. This can be done by using a circuit tester like part # PTW2993.

expert reply by:
Mike L

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From