Difference Between NOCO Genius Smart Battery 5 Amp and 10 Amp Chargers
I have a 2019 4Runner and I am looking at the NOCO Genius Smart Battery Charger - AC to DC - 6V/12V - 5 Amp and 10 Amp version and your site says both will work on the 4Runner. What is really the main difference beside the Amps and can either one be used on a 2005 Yamaha VStar 1100 Custom?
asked by: Matthew
The amp rating is really the only difference between the NOCO Genius Smart Battery Charger 5 Amp # 329-GENIUS5 and the 10 Amp # 329-GENIUS10. The 5 amp weighs in at 1.5 ls and works with batteries up to 120 amp-hours while the 10 amp weighs in at 3.3 lbs and works with batteries up to 230 amp-hours. So the 10 amp version is for a bigger application but that's it.
I don't know what battery you have in your Yamaha but you can use the specs I mentioned above as a guide. There should be an amp-hour rating on your battery.
Your answer has been submitted!
Products Referenced in This Question
- Battery Charger
- Battery Charger
- Jet Ski
- Lawn Mower
- Trolling Motor
- 230 Ah
- Wall Outlet to Vehicle Battery
more information >
Featured Help Information
Similar Expert Q&A Pages
- Should RV Get Winterized If its Going to be Used Every Weekend
- Wiring a Battery, Power Inverter, and Charger on a 1980 Coleman Tent Trailer
- How to Connect NOCO Genius Smart Battery Charger to Battery Bank
- Can I use the Noco Genius5 while my trailers own converter remains connected to the battery?
- Can a NOCO Battery Charger be Used to Charge and Maintain Two 12 Volt Batteries for Extended Periods
- Can NOCO Genius Smart Battery Charger Be Used for Battery Bank and Access Control System
- Can the 329-GENIUS5 Battery Charger be Used to Charge a Deep Cycle Car Battery
- Switching From 12 Volt Batteries To 6 Volt Batteries Blowing Fuses On Camper Trailer
- Can the NOCO Genius Smart Battery Charger Be Used on Two Different 12v Batteries?
- Recommended AC to DC Battery Charger for Lithium Ion Battery
- Maintain Car Battery While In Storage
- Tips for Charging Battery on Trailer that Powers Winch
- Can Two 12 Volt Batteries Connected in Parallel be Charged Through a Switch Using a NOCO Charger
- Can Two Batteries Wired In Parallel Receive a Charge at the Same Time
- Can the NOCO Genius Smart Batter Charger 329-GENIUS5 Be Used for Two 12 Volt Batteries
- Wiring 12 Volt Batteries for Same Voltage But Increased Amp Hour Usage
- How to Install NOCO Genius Battery Charger and Maintainer # 329-GENIUS5 in C5 Corvette
- Wiring Two 6v Batteries With One 12v Battery Together In RV
- Battery Charger Recommendation for Trailer with 2 Batteries
- Does 12 Volt Power Circuit of Trailer 7-Way Have Ability to Charge Dead Battery
- How to Run Maintenance Charge From Tow Vehicle to Trailer Battery
- Will Wiring Two 12V Batteries in Series Result in Double Capacity
- How Do I Connect A1000w Inverter To My Two 6V Batteries Connected In Series
- Which Setting to Charge Gel Battery with NOCO Genius G3500
- Is There Benefit to Having Multiple Batteries Wired in Parallel on Trailer
- Does Wiring Change When Powering Accessories from Batteries Wired in Parallel
- Could NOCO Genius Smart Battery Charger part # 329-GENIUS5 Charge When Driving
- Can 12 Volt Accessory Circuit on a 7-Way Trailer Connector be Used to Maintain a Deep Cycle Battery