Does the Yakima Replacement Upper Strap Include the Cam Buckle
Do the straps come with the buckle part attached, since both buckles broke off at the same time on my Super Joe bike rack. I could hardly believe this happened while driving my car. Hopefully these buckles wont crack off actually in half with only the strap left. Dont know how this happened.
asked by: Carol P
Helpful Expert Reply:
The Replacement Upper Strap, # Y8890157, does come with the metal buckle. I am not sure how your buckles broke either. I suppose that years of use could wear them down and perhaps the weather or storage of the rack played a factor as well but they ought to last a good long while. I recommend inspecting the rest of the bike rack to make sure that nothing else is in need of replacing.
- Article: How to Tie Down Luggage on a Roof Rack
- Article: Rooftop Cargo Carriers
- Article: How to Use a Roof Rack (Like a Boss)
- Q&A: Replacement Parts for Rhode Gear Bike Racks
- Q&A: What is the Length of the Yakima Replacement Upper Strap # Y8890157
- Q&A: How to Use a Cargo Carrier and Bike Rack Together
- Q&A: Is Curt Stabilization Strap Required on Saris Freedom and Curt Trailer Hitch on 2014 Toyota Corolla
- Q&A: Recommended Support Strap for a Cargo Carrier
- Q&A: Where Does a Stabilizing Strap Attach for a Cargo Carrier and CURT Trailer Hitch, 2009 Toyota Prius
- Q&A: Can I Drill a 2nd Hole in My Hitch Receiver to Use A J Pin Stabilizer?