bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

Replacing SmartPlug With Standard 50 Amp Inlet


I have an Airstream trailer that requires use of a smartplug shore power cord/system. Recently the power cord suffered a “fault,” resulting in both blue and red indicator lights on cord to illuminate. Unfortunately neither Airstream nor Smartplug could explain why. The smartplug rep surmized that the red light was a warning for reverse polarity. My ems system did not indicate same. Have been using the same power cord fir over 12 months first time this has happened. Is there a smartplug adapter available to marry with more readily available twist-lock power cord systems so that an alternative cord can be used instead of being slaved to smart plug.


Expert Reply:

There is not an adapter to go from the SmartPlug to a twist-lock power cord, so what you'd have to do is replace the SmartPlug inlet with a standard 50 amp inlet, the Mighty Cord Replacement RV Power Inlet - Twist Lock - 50 Amp - White # A10-50INVP or Black # A10-50INBKVP.

That would allow you to use a standard 50 amp power cord like the Mighty Cord RV Power Cord - 50 Amps - 25' Long # A10-5025ED90.

expert reply by:
Kyle S

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>