bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

Recommended 12 Volt Vent With Wall Mounted Control Switch


I am looking for a 12 volt vent for my camper with a fan in it and maybe a light that has a wall mounted control. Dogs think remotes are chew toys! This is going into a 1974 Avion. Again, I would prefer wall mounted controls for it, and a light is not mandatory just be nice but fan is a must have.


Expert Reply:

We do have exactly what you need for a roof vent for your camper, so long as it has the standard 14" x 14" square cut out. What you'll need is a 12 volt vent from Ventline, which comes included with a dog-proof wall mounted control switch (ok it isn't technically dog-proof but will certainly never be confused for a chew toy). You have an option for either White or Smoke in color:

- White: Ventline Ventadome Roof Vent with 12V Fan and Wall Switch # V2119-1-533

- Smoke: Ventline Ventadome Roof Vent with 12V Fan and Wall Switch # V2119-3-533

This comes with a 2-1/8" long garnish but if your roof is thicker you can go up to the 3-1/8" long Ceiling Garnish for Ventline Roof Vent # VA0445-35.

The only other thing you will need is the installation parts, which are the 16-14 Gauge Butt Connectors # 05731-5, Self-Leveling Sealant # 34427034145-1, and Camco RV Vent Installation Kit - Rubber Roofs # CAM25013 or Metal Roofs # CAM25003.

expert reply by:
Kyle S

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>