Wiring Installation For The Jensen JWM40/JWM41 RV Stereo
I see there is a service package that includes a remote and a wiring harness. I need a remote. Does the full wiring harness need to be installed for a replacement remote controller to work? Also, am I to understand that the service package for JWM40 remote and wiring harness also fits the JWM41? If wiring harness is necessary - Does this come with instructions so we dont electrocute ourselves or burn down the RV in the process of our DIY attempt at installing the wiring harness?
asked by: JMerrell
The Jensen RV Stereo # JWM40 is the same thing as the JWM41, just different item codes on our end. Most likely you will use every wire from the wiring harness, but for any wires that you don't use you can either leave them alone or use some electrical tape to cap them off. These wires will not put off anything that could potentially zap you or burn down your RV so there's no need to worry.
I've attached the wiring diagram below which will tell you the function of each wire based on their color so that you can make all of the connections. I recommend picking up some Butt Connectors # 05731-5 to complete these connections.
This stereo does indeed come with a remote to easily control the stereo with.
(click to enlarge)
Your answer has been submitted!
Products Referenced in This Question
- Wire Connectors
- Butt Connectors
- 16-14 Gauge
more information >
Featured Help Information
Similar Expert Q&A Pages
- Correct Replacement Remote For JWM41 RV Stereo
- Replacement Remote for Jensen JWM40 and JWM41 RV Stereo
- Will the Jensen RV Stereo Play BluRays
- What Are The Cutout Hole Dimensions For The Jensen RV Stereo System # JWM40
- Recommended Replacement For A JVR9000R RV Stereo System With Three Cameras
- How To Determine Compatibility of the Jensen RV Stereo JWM40
- Stereo Replacement Recommendation for a Quest QX-3801
- Replacement Remote for Jensen RV Stereo
- How To Reset The Jensen JWM41 RV Stereo
- Can The JWM40 RV Stereo JWM40 Be Installed In A Wall?
- Why Would RV Stereo Only Play Static Through Speakers
- What is Purpose of Amp Remote 12VDC 100 mA Circuit of Jensen Stereo Wiring
- What To Do If a Jensen JWM41 RV Stereo Is Not Getting Power or Display Will Not Show
- Does Jensen RV Stereo part # JWM40 Have Aux Input for Ipod
- Troubleshooting A Jensen JWM41 That Won't Revert Back From Clock Setting Mode
- Can Jensen RV Stereo # JWM40 Play TV Audio and Also Play DVD To TV
- Using The 12 Volt DC Jensen RV Stereo With 120 Volt AC TV
- How to Reset the Jensen JWM40 RV Stereo
- What Can I Try If The Remote On My Jensen JWM41 Is Not Working
- Does Jensen RV Stereo JWM40 Stereo Come with a Remote Control
- Replacement Remote For A Jensen RV Stereo System # JWM40
- Replacement Remote For Jensen JWM41 RV Stereo
- Replacement Remote Control for Jensen JWM40 RV Stereo
- Replacement RV Stereo Options for a 8.75" by 9.5" Opening
- Troubleshooting Remote Not Pairing With Jensen JWM41 RV Stereo
- Replacement Double DIN Jensen Stereo For 2021 Grand Design Imagine Travel Trailer
- Can Jensen RV Stereo JWM40 Be Used with Subwoofer