Hitch Recommendation for Bike Rack on 2006 Ford Freestyle
i need a hitch for a 2006 Ford Freestyle SUV/Wagon and I am using the hitch for a bike rack. Which style of hitch would I need. Thanks
asked by: Linda N
I would recommend that you get a Class 3 hitch with a 2 inch receiver for your vehicle. The Class 3 hitch will provide the most versatility and options for towing and hauling. You will have a wider selection of all accessories, bike racks included, with the 2 inch receiver hitch. It will also give you the best options if your towing or hauling needs should change in the future.
The Draw-Tite Class 3 Trailer Hitch, item # 75299 would be an excellent choice and installs easily with no drilling required (see video). One muffler hanger will have to be cut for the installation.
I have also posted a link to some of our bike racks for two inch hitches. The Swagman Titan is a great rack that is relatively inexpensive. It is available in 2 bike (# S63400) 3 bike (# S63405) and 4 bike (# S63410) capacities.
I have also linked you to a product demonstration video featuring the Titan bike rack.
Featured Help Information
- Article: How to Choose the Right Trailer Hitch Class
- Q&A: Is There a Class III Hitch Available for a 2008 Ford Taurus
- Q&A: Troubleshooting Tail Lights on 2008 Mercury Sable Not Working With Curt T-Connector Installed
- Q&A: Curt Class III Trailer Hitch Compatibility With a 2007 Ford Freestyle
- Q&A: Towing Capacity of Class III Trailer Hitch When Installed on 2007 Ford Freestyle
- Q&A: What is the Difference Between a Class II and a Class III Hitch?
- Article: Wiring Trailer Lights with a 4-Way Plug (It's Easier Than You Think)
- Q&A: Dexter 10,000LB Axle Wheel Retaining Ring Placement
- Q&A: How To Order Replacement Mounting Hardware For A Trailer Hitch
- Article: Trailer Hitch Receiver Sizes