Can DOT Compliant Tires and Lights Be Added to Log Splitter
Hello, I have a log splitter that needs tires, but would like to have DOT tires and turn signals etc. Currently the mounted on a spindle instead of a hub. My question is, can I rim/tire to possibly fit on my spindle. I don’t have dimensions, just try to weigh my options.
asked by: Russ B
As long as the spindle has dimensions that match a hub setup we carry we can definitely help you out with tires/wheels, so I'll need spindle dimensions to see if anything we have will match up.
We have some light kits too like part # TL5RK that you can potentially use but you'll have to have places on your log splitter where you can mount these lights. Attached is an installation video for you to check out and get a good idea of what all this entails.
- Article: Trailer Wiring Diagrams
- Article: Trailer Tire Sizing
- Q&A: Replacement Axle And Leaf Springs For A 4' x 6' Single Axle Trailer
- Article: Wiring Trailer Lights with a 4-Way Plug (It's Easier Than You Think)
- Q&A: Could Shackle Bolt # 166081 be Used with CE Smith Suspension Hanger # CE14016G
- Article: How to Measure the Bolt Pattern of a Trailer Wheel
- Article: Most Popular Wheel Bearings
- Q&A: Picking Out Replacement Hub for Nitro Boat Trailer
- Q&A: Troubleshooting Amazon Trailer Leaf Springs Failing Within 100 Miles Of Use
- Q&A: How to Determine Replacement Trailer Wheel Bearing Sizes
- Q&A: Work Flood Light Fitment for 3-1/2" Wide x 2-1/4" High Spacing
- Q&A: U-Bolt Kit for Smaller Round Axle on Jet Ski Trailer
- Article: Slipper Spring Trailer Suspension System Review
- Article: Troubleshooting 4 and 5-Way Wiring Installations