How to Replace Lost Yakima Key for Roof Rack System
Lost keys, locksmith made key but will not unlock. It turns 90 degrees
asked by: Andy
If you recorded the lock core number for your Yakima RailBar Crossbars # Y00447-2, like Yakima recommends doing, then I just need to know what that number is and I can recommend a replacement key.
If you failed to record the lock core number then you'll need to drill out 1 of your lock cores and let me know what number you find on the side so I can get you the correct lock core, change key, and replacement keys. If you'd rather replace all of them you can do so with the kit # Y07204.
Products Referenced in This Question
- Accessories and Parts
- Hitch Bike Racks
- Roof Bike Racks
- Roof Box
- Roof Rack
- Ski and Snowboard Racks
- Lock Parts
- Lock Cores and Cylinders
more information >
- Article: Roof Rack Information
- Q&A: Recommended Trailer Hitch for a 2023 Hyundai Santa Fe
- Q&A: Does the Curt C13382 Hitch Fit a 2024 Subaru Crosstrek Wilderness?
- Q&A: Availability Of Trailer Wiring Harness For A 2024 Toyota Grand Highlander
- Q&A: Is The Inno Cargo Carrier Box # IN94MR Waterproof
- Q&A: Recommended Roof Rack for a 2016 VW Touareg w/ Raised Roof Rails
- Q&A: What is the Difference Between a Class II and a Class III Hitch?
- Q&A: Does the Hitch for a 2024 Toyota Grand Highlander Extend Through the Bumper or Below It?
- Article: Rooftop Cargo Carriers
- Article: How to Choose the Right Trailer Hitch Class
- Article: Brake Controller 7- and 4-Way Installation Kit (ETBC7)
- Article: How to Strap a Bike To a Roof Rack
- Article: Which Roof Rack Fits Your Vehicle? Depends on Your Roof
- Article: How to Measure for Trailer Hitch Drop