bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

Is Master Cylinder Replacement a Fit for Old Atwood 84123 Surge Brake Coupler


I have a Surge brake actuator with 2” ball p/n 84132. Will master cylinder p/n 85841 be a proper replacement? Thanks


Expert Reply:

It does look like the Atwood Master Cylinder 85841 is a replacement for the Atwood Surge Brake Actuator 84132 but both have been discontinued so if your actuator has parts that need to be replaced I recommend swapping out your whole actuator so it's up to date and easier to continue to find maintenance parts.

For something that has a similar design and mounting holes that line up directly you can use the Demco Hydraulic Brake Actuator - Drum - Zinc - 2" Ball - 7,000 lbs # DM72VR but the only difference here is that this actuator doesn't have the manual lockout that your Atwood does. For something that does have the lockout you can use the Titan # T63FR but this has a different bolt pattern so you'll have to drill holes to mount this coupler.

Attached are some review videos for you to check out.

expert reply by:
Jon G

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>