bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

What Is A Hub And Spigot Fitting For RV Gray And Black Water Drain Plumbing


I am dumb on this question what is HUB hooked to what is SPIGOT hooked to Thank you


Expert Reply:

This is a super common question so you're not alone in not knowing the difference in the connection types. A "SPIGOT" is a piece that will slide into another fitting such as the "HUB". If you look at the picture of the elbow fitting # D50-2882 below you'll see exactly what I'm talking about.

The Valterra Waste Valve Bodies w/ Flexible Cables for RV Black Water and Gray Water Tanks # TC1372 that you were looking at will connect to a variety of different fittings like the # T1005-1, # T1039-1, # T1035, and more as long as they have the correct sized flange for the valves to bolt to.

Hub and Spigot Diagram
Hub and Spigot Diagram
(click to enlarge)
expert reply by:
Kevin C

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>