bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

What Surge Protector Amperage Is Right For My Camper  


I have a 50 amp service on my toy hauler and the park I’m going too has a 30 service I have a 30 amp adapter to accommodate our power needs ”what size surge protection would I need” ?


Expert Reply:

When it comes to surge protectors you'll also choose one based off of the trailer and not off of the power source. Since you have 50 amp service trailer you'll need the Power Watchdog Surge Protector with Bluetooth - 50 Amp # HU47FR.

You'll connect this to the power cord for your trailer, then connect the adapter to the surge protector, and then the adapter to the shore power.

If you don't have the correct adapter or yours is needing to be replaced I recommend using the Camco Power Grip RV Power Cord Adapter w/ Handles # CAM55185.

expert reply by:
Kevin C

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Continue Researching

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>