Trailer Hitch For A 2015 Volkswagen Golf TDI
Can you provide the product weight of the hitch #306-X7309 that is added to the vehicle? 2015 Volkswagen Golf TDI
asked by: Mac
The EcoHitch Hidden Trailer Hitch Receiver # 306-X7309 is confirmed to fit your 2015 Volkswagen Golf. The EcoHitch weighs 32 pounds.
The trailer hitch has an easy, bolt-on installation with no drilling or welding required. It has a black powder coat finish which offers a superior rust protection. The hitch also has a concealed cross tube which will still give you a clean factory look.
The trailer hitch has a maximum gross trailer weight up to 2,000 pounds and has a maximum tongue weight up to 300 pounds. I would recommend checking your vehicle's manual to find out the proper towing capacity for your vehicle.
The T-One Vehicle Wiring Harness with 4-Pole Flat Trailer Connector # 118646 will give you a 4-flat connector which will make your trailer's stop, turn and taillights mirror your vehicle's stop, turn and taillights.
The custom-fit T-One connector will plug into your vehicle's wiring harness, which is located in your rear cargo area on both the driver's side and the passenger's side. You will need to remove the threshold, floor panels, cargo trays, and interior trim panels to access the harness. Once you've plugged in the T-connector, run the hot lead up to your car battery. Connect the lead to the included fuse holder, and then connect the fuse holder to the positive terminal on your battery and inset the provided fused.
It is recommended that you use a small amount of grease # 11755 on all electrical connections - the plugs on your automobile and the 4-pole connector itself to help prevent corrosion.
The Curt Towing Starter Kit # C45554 includes an 8-1/4 inch long, powder coated ball mount with a pre-torqued hitch ball; hitch pin and clip; hitch receiver lock with keys; hitch cover; and a storage case.
I attached a couple installation video links below.
Your answer has been submitted!
Products Referenced in This Question
- Accessories and Parts
- Trailer Wiring
- Dielectric Grease
more information >
- Custom Fit Vehicle Wiring
- Trailer Hitch Wiring
- Powered Converter
- Custom Fit
- 4 Flat
more information >
- Trailer Hitch Ball Mount
- Fixed Ball Mount
- 2 Inch Ball
- One Ball
- Steel Ball
- Steel Shank - Gloss Black
- Drop - 4 Inch
- Rise - 2 Inch
- Fits 2 Inch Hitch
- 7500 lbs GTW
- Class III
- Ball Mount Kit
more information >
Featured Help Information
Similar Expert Q&A Pages
- Will EcoHitch Trailer Hitch Fit a 2015 Volkswagen Golf TDI
- Trailer Hitch Receiver for 2016 Volkswagen Golf R
- Recommended Trailer Hitch for a 2015 VW Golf TDI
- Trailer Hitch Recommendation for 2015 Volkswagen Golf GTI
- Fit of EcoHitch # 306-X7309 on 2017 Volkswagen Golf GTI
- Trailer Hitch with 2" Receiver for 2015 Volkswagen Golf GTI
- Recommended Trailer Hitch Receiver And 4-Way Trailer Wiring For 2016 Volkswagen Golf GTI
- Ball Mount to Use with EcoHitch for 2016 Volkswagen Golf and Uhaul Trailer
- Trailer Hitch Recommendation for a 2015 Volkswagen Golf
- Recommended Ball Mount and 4-Way Wiring For a 2017 VW Golf With EcoHitch Receiver # 306-X7309
- Hitch that Fits 2013 Volkswagen Golf TDI
- Will EcoHitch Trailer Hitch Receiver Fit a 2016 VW Golf GTI?
- Will the Stealth Hitches Hidden Rack Receiver Fit a 2016 Volkswagen Golf TDI
- Availability of Completely Concealed Receiver Hitch for 2017 Volkswagen Golf GTI
- Recommended Hitch for a 2017 VW Golf
- Trailer Hitch Recommendation for Carrying Bike Racks on 2015 VW Golf TDI
- 2 Trailer Hitch Receiver And Wiring Harnesses Needed For a 2015 Volkswagen Golf
- What is the Height From Ground to the Top of Drawbar on 2018 VW Golf GTI?
- Trailer Hitch Receiver Recommendation for a 2015 Volkswagen Golf TDI
- Trailer Hitch Ground Clearance for 2016 VW Golf GTI
- How to Carry 3 Bikes on 2015 Volkswagen e-Golf Convertible
- Can 4 Bikes Be Carried With Curt Hitch for 2017 VW Golf
- Will Draw-Tite or EcoHitch Have More Clearance Than the Curt on a 2015 Volkswagen Golf
- Best Ground Clearance Hitch For 2015 Volkswagen Golf TSI
- Hidden EcoHitch For 2017 Volkswagen Golf GTI
- Hitch Solution for 2015 Volkswagen Golf GTI that Can Do Ball Mount Rise of 9 inches
- Hidden Trailer Hitch for a 2015 Volkswagen Golf TDI