bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

Transfer Switch For A 50 Amp RV To A 30 Amp Shore Service


I have a Go Power 30 amp transfer switch.Is there a way to hookup 30 amp transfer switch on rv with 50 amp service? We always only connect up with 30 amp shore power in parks. We never use 50 amp.


Expert Reply:

Realistically you should be using a 50A transfer switch like the:

-Progressive Dynamics Transfer Switch # PD52.

As using a 30A transfer switch would leave one leg of your panel unhooked, which isn't ideal.

However, with that being said you can use your 30A transfer switch with a 50A service.

expert reply by:
Bryce D

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>