Troubleshooting A Door Threshold Interference After Installation Of Lippert Solid Step
I just installed the solid step on my 2009 Dutchmen Denali. Now the screen door won’t close and the entry door is tight.
asked by: Scott H
Helpful Expert Reply:
It is fairly common for older trailers like your 2009 Dutchmen Denali to have had the screen door installed lower than what they are now, which is causing the interference with the SolidStep Manual Fold-Down Steps for 29" to 36" Wide RV Door Frames # LC791575.
What you can do to alleviate this issue, is trim the bottom of the screen door frame. To do this, with the steps down, take a piece of tape and place one on each side, down on the threshold at the edge of the step bracket. From here you'll need to raise the steps up inside the door frame, separate the screen door from the outer door, close your screen door, and mark the bottom edge of the screen door frame at the edge of the tape. This'll be the width you need to cut.
This should alleviate your screen door issue, however the entry door will still be tight but it'll close.
- Article: How to Measure for Travel Trailer and Fifth Wheel Steps
- Q&A: Which Lippert Ground Control 3.0 System Is Recommended for a 37' Fifth Wheel
- Q&A: Pocket Kit for Handrail for Second Generation 4-Step MORryde Steps
- Q&A: Solutions To Add More Clearance For Lippert Ground Control 3.0 Jack Legs
- Q&A: How To Find the Correct SolidStep Manual Fold-Down Steps for a 2014 Grand Design Solitude 369RL
- Q&A: Dimensions of SolidStep Locking RV Storage Box
- Q&A: Wiring Diagram for Lippert Stabilization Jack LC298707
- Q&A: Is There SolidStep Manual Fold-Down Steps For a 24 Inch Wide Doorway
- Article: How Much Solar Power Do I Need For My RV?
- Article: 4 Steps to Choosing Your 5th Wheel Pin Box
- Article: No Missteps Here: Best Camper and RV Steps (2022)
- Article: How to Measure the Bolt Pattern of a Trailer Wheel
- Article: 2011 Ford Super Duty with 5th-Wheel/Gooseneck Trailer Tow Prep Package
- Article: Top Weight Distribution Hitches for a Buttery Smooth Ride