Brake Controller For A 2004 International 4300
Hi, I have a 2004 International 4300 series box truck. Id like to install a this brake controller, but Im not sure how to do it and what other parts Id need. Can you help me with that? Thanks!
asked by: Steve W
Though The Curt Echo Under-Dash Wireless Brake Controller # C27JR will work with your 2004 International 4300.
Before installing a brake controller you will have to find the 7 wire plug in the frame rail behind the cab which contains the wires for lights and signals. From there you will have to wire that into the wiring kit # ETBC7. You will have to cut off the 4-way on the ETBC7 and then use a circuit tester # PTW2992 so you can determine all the functions of the wires on your truck.
After you found the functions of your truck wires you will have to connect them to the 4 wires of the ETBC7 the following functions are:
Brown - Running Lights
Yellow - Left Turn and Brake
Green - Right Turn And Brake
Next you will mount the 7-way and attach the white (ground wire) to bare metal on your vehicle frame. Then you will need the wire and circuit breakers to hardwire the rest of the ETBC7.
I attached a review video link below.
Products Referenced in This Question
- Accessories and Parts
- Trailer Brake Controller
- Installation Kits
more information >
- Electrical Tools
- Circuit Tester
- Performance Tool
more information >
Featured Help Information
- Article: Brake Controller 7- and 4-Way Installation Kit (ETBC7)
- Article: Brake Controller Installation: Starting from Scratch
- Article: Towing a Trailer? Let's Talk About Brake Controllers
- Article: Trailer Wiring Diagrams
- Article: Wiring Trailer Lights with a 7-Way Plug (It's Easier Than You Think)
- Q&A: Will the Curt Echo Under-Dash Trailer Brake Controller Draw Power with Vehicle Off
- Q&A: 7-Way Trailer Wiring Harness for 2024 Hyundai Santa Cruz
- Article: How to Measure for Trailer Hitch Drop
- Article: 2005-Current Volkswagen Touareg, Audi, or Porsche Cayenne
- Q&A: Brake Controller Plug Location for 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500
- Q&A: Recommended Brake Controller for 2023 GMC Sierra's w/ Factory Tow Package
- Q&A: Brake Controller Plug Location on 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee
- Q&A: 2020 Buick Envision Recommended Parts for Light Trailer Towing
- Q&A: 2023 Ram 1500 Classic Trailer Brake Controller Recommendation