What is the Difference in the 3rd Generation Reese Goosebox?
What is the difference between the 3rd gen Goosebox and the previous generation?
asked by: John
There are a couple of major differences in the 3rd generation Reese Goosebox item # RP85FR over the prior models. First and foremost it now fits the Lippert Rhino pin box. This pin box is more common now than ever and 5th wheel owners will finally have a gooseneck adapter option that will not void their warranty.
Visually the biggest change will be the removal of the taller wings. Reese has changed the angle of the entire goosebox to remove the deeper drop look to a more streamlined appearance. This change in profile will improve in-bed clearance when you are making tight turns.
To go along with the different air bag design, the inflation valve has been moved to the top of the goosebox and uses a Shrader Valve.
The 3rd generation Reese Goosebox item # RP85FR has a 20,000 lbs towing capacity, a 5,000 lbs maximum pin weight, and weighs 220 lbs. It is designed to replace the Lippert 1621, 1621HD, 1716, 0719, Rhino, and Fabex PB 600 series pin boxes.
If you are replacing a Lippert 1716 pin box, you will need to purchase the Reese spacer kit item # RP97FR.
Your answer has been submitted!
Products Referenced in This Question
- Accessories and Parts
- Fifth Wheel King Pin
- Sidewinder Parts
- Fabex Pin Box
- Lippert Pin Box
- RBW Pin Box
more information >
Similar Expert Q&A Pages
- Recommended Gooseneck Pin Box To Replace Lippert 1621 On 5th Wheel Trailer
- Recommended 20,000 lbs Goosebox for a 5th Wheel Trailer w/ a 1621 Pin Box
- What Reese Goose Box Do I Need for My 2021 Grand Design Solitude 3740BH?
- Fifth Wheel to Gooseneck Adapter to Replace Lippert 1621 Pin Box
- Will the Reese Goose Box Adapter for Lippert 1716 Work with Mega Cab
- How to Determine If Reese Goosebox On 2022 Jayco Eagle Will Allow 90 Degree Turns 2022 Ram Short Bed
- Is there a Goosebox or 5th Wheel to Gooseneck Adapter for a Turning Point Pin Box?
- Which Goose Box for a 2022 Grand Design Reflection 31MB?
- Recommended Goose Box for a Lippert 1621 Pin Box
- Which Reese Goose Box that Fits Forest River 356RL
- Replacement Air Valve for Reese Goose Box 5th-Wheel-to-Gooseneck Air Ride Coupler Adapter
- Best Towing Option For A 2022 Keystone Montana 3121RL Pulled With A 2021 GMC Sierra 3500 6-3/4 Bed
- Replacing Pin Box on 2020 Grand Design Solitude 5TH Wheel with Reese Goose Box 1621
- Recommended Reese Goose Box For 2021 Keystone Montana High Country 331RL
- Replacement Pin Box For Switching To a Gooseneck Ball Connection On 5TH Wheel With Lippert 1621 18K
- Raised Gooseneck Hitch Ball For a 2018 Ford F-250 Factory In Bed Hitch And Reese Goose Box 5TH Wheel
- Reese Fifth Wheel Sidewinder Kingpin for Grand Design Solitude and 2022 Ford F-350
- Can a Reese Goose Box Be Used To Tow a Grand Design Reflection 303RLS With 2021 GMC Sierra 2500
- Fifth Wheel to Gooseneck Adapter that Fits in Place of Rhino Box Rota Flex
- Reese Goose Box For a 2017 Grand Design Momentum 350M 5TH Wheel Toy Hauler
- Fifth Wheel to Gooseneck Adapter Recommendation for 2023 Solitude Fifth Wheel Camper
- Will the Reese Goose Box RP94720 Fit a 2011 Keystone Raptor
- Determining Pin Box Model on 2006 Holiday Rambler to Find Correct Reese Goose Box Replacement
- How To Determine If a Reese Goose Box Will Fit a 2003 Jayco Eagle 277RBS 5TH Wheel Camper