What Is The Process For Prepping a 2020 Buick Envision To Be Flat Towed?
We have a motorhome and flat tow a 2011 Buick Lacrosse fine. Push button start, Neutral, accessory on, take battery cable off/disconnect. We need to upgrade vehicles and considering 2020 Envision to flat tow and trying make sure it will function the same…disconnect battery, etc. thanks
asked by: Cindi
Helpful Expert Reply:
According to the owners manual for the 2020 Buick Envision you will have a similar process. First you will secure your Envision to the motorhome, then turn on the ignition and switch to neutral. With the transmission in neutral you will turn off the ignition and then there are 2 fuses in the instrument control panel that will need pulled to prevent draining the battery. Or you can install the Roadmaster FuseMaster Fuse Bypass Switch # RM76512 to simply switch off the fuses when you are ready to tow. You will not need to disconnect your battery like you did on your Lacrosse.
If you can let me know what towing system you currently are using I can help you determine what parts you can reuse on the Envision and what new parts you may need.
Your answer has been submitted!
Featured Help Information
Similar Expert Q&A Pages
- Troubleshooting A Dead Towed Vehicle Battery While Using The Blue Ox Patriot Braking System
- Fuse Bypasses for Flat Tow Wiring on 2011 Chevy Cruze
- Will 2-Fuse Bypass Still Operate for Single-Fuse Application
- Availability of 4-Pin Roadmaster FuseMaster Fuse Bypass
- Which Fuses Need Pulled On a 2012 Honda CR-V Before Being Towed
- Pulling Fuses to Flat Tow 2019 Chevy Sonic with Keyless Entry
- Fuse Bypass Switch Recommendation for 2018 Chevy Sonic being Flat Towed
- Fuse Bypass Switch Recommendation for a 2014 Honda CR-V
- Recommended FuseMaster Switch for Fuses of 2012 Chevy Cruze when Flat Towed
- Which Fuse Needs to be Pulled to Flat Tow a 2013 Honda CR-V Behind a Motor Home
- Ignition and Shifting Procedure for Towing a 2014 Honda CR-V Behind an RV
- Fuse Bypass Recommendation for a 2013 Honda CR-V for Flat Towing
- Is the Fuse Bypass Still Needed On a 2012 Honda CR-V If Battery Charge Line Is Installed
- Which Bypass Switch Do I Need to Flat Tow 2017 Chevy Cruze
- Do Fuses of Honda CR-V Need to Still be Pulled When Flat Towing if Battery Charger is Used
- Which Roadmaster Fuse Bypass is Recommended for 2014 Honda CR-V
- Fuse Bypass For 2014 Honda CRV Flat Tow
- Complete Flat Towing Setup And Fuse Bypass Kit For A 2018 Buick Envision?
- Troubleshooting Installation of Roadmaster FuseMaster Bypass On 2019 Buick Envision
- Putting Transmission in Park for Flat Towing a 2019 Buick Envision
- Battery Draining When Flat Towing a 2014 Ford Explorer Behind a Motor Home
- What Fuses Need to be Pulled to Flat Tow a 2017 Buick Envision
- Flat Tow Prep Needed For A 2020 Buick Envision
- Why Is There A Dinging Noise Even After Pulling Fuses To Flat Tow A 2020 Buick Envision
- Fuse Bypasses for Flat Towing a 2013 Honda CR-V Behind a Motor Home
- Unlocking Steering Wheel of 2019 Buick Envision to Flat Tow it
- Battery Drains While Flat Towing 2011 Ford Edge
- Which Fuses Need to Be Removed to Flat Tow 2011 Cadillac SRX
- Cold Side Brake Switch Wire Location and Tow Bar Wiring for a 2013 Ford Explorer V6 with LED Lights