Does The Curt Soft Trac II Trailer Breakaway Kit Come With A Battery Charger
Does this unit come with a battery charger?
asked by: Keith R
Breakaway batteries are typically just wired to the 12v power wire in the trailer's junction box so that the battery can charge while connected to the tow vehicle. The Curt Soft Trac II Trailer Breakaway Kit # C52026 comes with a ground wire already connected to the battery. You can run this directly to the frame with a ring terminal and self-tapping screw.
For the power wire you can use some 14ga wire # DW02408-1 and just run it to the junction box on the trailer and connect it to the 12v power terminal. You'll need a female spade terminal # DW01899-1 as well to connect to the positive terminal on the battery.
I've attached a wiring diagram below, but if you have any other questions please feel free to submit another question and it'll get sorted back to me.
(click to enlarge)
Your answer has been submitted!
Products Referenced in This Question
- Wire Connectors
- Quick Disconnects
- 16-14 Gauge
more information >
Featured Help Information
Similar Expert Q&A Pages
- Clamp Size for the Curt Breakaway Battery Kit part # C52026
- Adding Trailer Brakes to a 3.5K Dexter EZ Lube Axle and Brake Control/7-Way on 2016 Subaru Outback
- Does a Breakaway System Need To Have Its Own Battery
- Does the Brake Output Wire Get Attached to a 12 Volt Trailer Battery
- Trailer Breakaway System Battery Requirements for 5th Wheel