Availability of Bumper-Mount Hitch for 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Pickup
DO YOU MAKE OR HAVE BUMPER HITCHS FOR A 2001 DODGE RAM 1500. I NEED A BUMPER HITCH WITH 4000 LB GVWR AND 400 LB TONG WEIGHT RATING
asked by: TOM A
Helpful Expert Reply:
We do offer one bumper-mount 2-inch hitch receiver intended for use on a pickup truck, Curt Specialty Hitch # E-3S. This hitch is intended for installation on trucks with a step bumper. The hitch you referenced, part # C19101, is meant for use on a 2-inch RV bumper and so would not be suitable.
If your Ram has a step bumper Curt hitch # E-3S will offer you the capacity you need: 500-lbs tongue weight and 5000-lb towing capacity. If you do not have a step bumper you can review the linked page for such products available for your 2001 Ram.
You will need to review your Ram owners manual for any information regarding the bumper weight capacity. The hitch has a specific weight rating that is not necessarily equaled by the bumper on your truck. If the bumper has a specified capacity lower than that of the hitch you must abide by the lower of the two.
We do also offer a number of standard frame-mount trailer hitch receivers for your 2001 Ram; these can be seen on the link provided. You can use the drop-down menu at the top of the page to choose the particular type of truck you have to then see the compatible hitches offered. There are both 2-inch and 2-1/2-inch receivers available in several different towing classes.
Products Referenced in This Question
- Bumper Hitch
- 500 lbs TW
- 5000 lbs GTW
- 2 Inch Hitch
more information >
Featured Help Information
- Article: How to Choose the Right Trailer Hitch Class
- Q&A: Will A Trailer Hitch Interfere With The Hands-Free Lift Gate On A 2017 Toyota Rav4 Platinum
- Article: Flat Towing Package for 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL and JL Unlimited
- Q&A: Front Mounted Receiver for 2018 GMC Sierra 3500 Denali Diesel
- Q&A: Recommended Hitch Extender for Weight Distribution System So You Can Lower Tailgate
- Q&A: Will 8 Lug Spare Tire Fit on Curt Trailer Hitch Mounted Spare Tire Carrier
- Q&A: Recommended Hitch Mounted Spare Tire Carrier for a Thor Motorhome
- Q&A: 2-5/16" Hitch Ball With A 3" Long Shank
- Article: How to Carry Bikes While Towing a Travel Trailer
- Q&A: Hitch Mounted Spare Tire Carrier Recommendation for a Motorhome
- Article: 5 Things to Know About Weight Distribution Hitches
- Article: Determining Trailer Tongue Weight
- Article: Brake Controller 7- and 4-Way Installation Kit (ETBC7)
- Article: 2 Steps for Finding the Right Weight Distribution Hitch Size