Complete Trailer Brake Controller Setup for a 2012 Mercedes-Benz Sprinter Without Tow Package
Looking for a brake controller for 2012 Sprintr van, I see the YouTube videos that mention parts 90885 and ETBC7, I don’t have the factory tow package
asked by: Stacey L
For your 2012 Mercedes-Benz Sprinter you can absolutely use the Tekonsha Prodigy P2 Trailer Brake Controller # 90885 you mention.
This brake controller has 3 boost levels to allow you to fine tune your initial braking power, an auto-dimming LCD display that is easy to read, and includes the mounting bracket and hardware for install.
You are also correct in the fact that you're also going to need to add the Universal Installation Kit for Trailer Brake Controller # ETBC7. This kit will plug into an existing 4-pin trailer connector and give you the capabilities to use a brake controller with the new 7-pin connector.
If you don't have anything, you'll need to add a 4-pole first with the T-One Vehicle Wiring Harness with 4-Pole Flat Trailer Connector # 118650.
Products Referenced in This Question
- Custom Fit Vehicle Wiring
- Trailer Hitch Wiring
- Powered Converter
- Custom Fit
- 4 Flat
more information >
- Accessories and Parts
- Trailer Brake Controller
- Installation Kits
more information >
Featured Help Information
- Shop: Trailer Wiring
- Shop: T-One Vehicle Wiring Harness with 4-Pole Flat Trailer Connector
- Shop: Universal Installation Kit for Trailer Brake Controller - 7-Way RV and 4-Way Flat - 10 Gauge Wires
- Article: Brake Controller 7- and 4-Way Installation Kit (ETBC7)
- Article: Brake Controller Installation: Starting from Scratch
- Article: Towing a Trailer? Let's Talk About Brake Controllers
- Article: Trailer Wiring Diagrams
- Article: Wiring Trailer Lights with a 7-Way Plug (It's Easier Than You Think)
- Q&A: What is the Difference Between the Tekonsha Prodigy P2 and the P3 Brake Controllers
- Q&A: Brake Controller Recommendation for a Truck with Air Brakes and a Trailer with Electric Brakes
- Article: How to Choose the Right Trailer Hitch Class
- Article: 5 Things to Know About Weight Distribution Hitches
- Q&A: What is the Difference Between a 4-Way and 7-Way Trailer Connector
- Q&A: Parts Needed to Install Brake Controller in 2023 Sprinter
- Q&A: Lug Nut Torque Chart for Trailer Wheels
- Q&A: What is the Difference Between a Class II and a Class III Hitch?
- Q&A: Parts Needed to Install 7-Way/4-Way on 2024 Kia Telluride with LED Taillights