What is the Difference Between the Hollywood Racks Trail Rider and Sport Rider?
What is the difference between the Hollywood HZ200 and the HZ1000? Trying to decide between the two. Thanks!
asked by: Mike S
The Hollywood Racks Trail Rider item # HR200Z and Sport Rider item # HR1000Z are practically identical. The only difference is that the Sport Rider has a 50 lbs capacity per bike over the Trail Riders 45 lbs.
Both of these bike racks fit class I, II, and III 1-1/4" and 2" hitch receivers. These are frame mounted bike racks that have wheel cradles for tires up to 3" wide. Both bike racks are capable of being used behind a motorhome.
There's not much difference in price so my recommendation is to go with the Hollywood Racks Sport Rider item # HR1000Z. Even if you don't need the extra 5 lbs of capacity right now it may be helpful down the road.
I have linked a review video below so you can see the features of this bike rack.
Your answer has been submitted!
Featured Help Information
Similar Expert Q&A Pages
- Will Hollywood Racks Trail Rider HR200 Carry Womens Electra Townie
- Trailer Hitch Receiver Fit For 2019 Ford Fusion Energi Hybrid For Bike Rack
- Platform Bike Rack to Fit 1-1/4 inch Hitch and Carry Two 35 lb Bikes
- Replacement Hitch Adapter Sleeve For Hollywood Racks 2 Bike Carrier # HR200Z
- Platform Bike Rack Recommendation for Bikes with Baskets on the Front and Rear Wheels
- Hitch Recommendation for 2009 Honda CR-V to Carry Hollywood Racks Trail Rider
- Width Of Tires Hollywood Racks Trail Rider HR200 is Designed to Fit
- Lightweight Platform Bike Rack for 2 Bikes and Fits a 1-1/4 Inch Hitch Receiver
- Recommendation and Description of Hollywood Rack HR200 From Person Who Has Used the Rack
- Will the Hollywood Racks Trail Rider Bike Rack Fit a Curt Class I Trailer Hitch?
- Can Hollywood Rack Trail Rider part # HR200 Carry Womens Bikes
- Which Direction Does the Center Mast of the Hollywood Racks HR200 Fold
- Measuring for Bike Rack on 2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
- Economically Priced Bike Rack to Clear Rear Spare of Jeep Wrangler
- Recommended Hollywood Racks Tilt Away Bike Rack for 2013 Mazda 3 Hatchback
- Hitch Bike Rack Recommendation for 2015 Jeep Wrangler to Clear Rear Spare
- What Hitch Bike Rack Do You Recommend for a 2021 Mercedes GLC?
- Hitch Cargo Carrier and Bike Rack Recommendation to fit Class I 1-1/4 inch Trailer Hitch
- Platform Bike Rack Recommendation that Can be Used at Rear of Motorhome
- What are the dimensions of this rack when off the hitch and folded for storage?
- How to Carry Bikes on Front of 2015 Chevy Silverado 1500
- Recommended Hitch Mounted Platform Bike Carrier For Beach Cruiser And Mountain Bike
- Bike Rack Recommendation for 2012 Infiniti G37
- Hollywood Racks Trail Rider HR200Z Moves While Driving When Using the Anti-Rattle Bolt
- What is Weight Capacity of Hollywood Racks Trail Rider
- Trailer Hitch and Bike Rack Recommendation for a 2008 Honda Fit Sport
- High Weight Capacity E-Bike Rack that Can Fit 1-1/4 inch Trailer Hitch
- Is Hollywood Racks Trail Rider Bike Rack a Decent Bike Rack
- Best Bike Rack for a 2013 Scion iQ and Beach Cruiser Bike