Recommended Motorhome Rated E-Bike Rack to Clear a Spare Tire
I have 2 lectric xpremium bikes and a 2008 itasca navion winnebago view with a ladder and spare tire in back. Do you have a rack that can clear the spare tire and ladder for these bikes? Thank you
asked by: Diane H
The best option for clearing your Winnebago's spare tire is going to be the Lets Go Aero V-Lectric FAT PRO Bike Rack item # LGA77FR. From the hitch pin hole to the closest part of the bike rack is 13" so you will want to verify this is enough room. The Let's Go Aero is going to have the most distance between the hitch pin hole and bike rack of motorhome rated bike racks.
This bike rack has a 75 lbs per bike capacity. It is recommended to remove the batteries from your Lectric X Premium E-bikes when transporting them. This is a wheel mounted bike rack which will work great with your Lectric's step-thru frames.
The Lets Go Aero V-Lectric FAT PRO Bike Rack item # LGA77FR also works well with bikes that have fenders. While you may be able to wrap the rubber strap around the bike tire and fenders together, I recommend just feeding the strap under the fenders and wrapping it around the tire. Doing it this way may take a little longer but you won't risk damaging the fenders in any way.
I have linked a review video below so you can see this bike racks functions.
Products Referenced in This Question
- Hitch Bike Racks
- Platform Rack
- Slide-Out Rack
- Wheel Mount
- Bike and Hitch Lock
- 2 Bikes
- Class 3
- Fits 2 Inch Hitch
- Electric Bikes
- Lets Go Aero
more information >
Featured Help Information
- Article: Best Bike Racks for Electric Bikes
- Article: How to Choose a Bike Rack for a Motor Home or RV
- Article: How to Choose the Right Trailer Hitch Class
- Q&A: Can The Yakima OnRamp Haul Two Razor Scooters
- Q&A: Can Hollywood Racks Destination Bike Rack Be Used for E-Bikes
- Q&A: What Are the Differences Between the Kuat Piston Pro and Piston Pro X Bike Racks
- Q&A: What is the Difference Between a Class II and a Class III Hitch?
- Article: What is an RV-Approved Bike Rack? (And Do You REALLY Need One?)
- Q&A: Can a 2019 Chevrolet Spark Carry 2 E-Bikes Using a Hitch Mounted Bike Rack?
- Article: Carrying Bikes While Towing a 5th Wheel Camper Trailer
- Article: How to Carry Bikes While Towing a Travel Trailer
- Article: How to Choose a Hitch-Mounted Bike Rack
- Q&A: Recommended Bike Rack for 70 lb E-Bikes On Back of Flat-Towed Vehicle
- Q&A: Which Bike Rack Is Best For Aventon Level Commuter EBike Equipped With Fenders?