Comparability of B and W Mounting Plate with Tow Ready Pintle Hook Combo
I would like to confirm that part number BWPMHD14004 Pintle Hook Mounting Plate will accept item 63012 Pintle Hook Combo with 2-5/16inch Ball? Also, will item 63012 accept a 2inch Ball? If so, what is the proper item that will work with the pintle hook combo? I would be installing these items on a 2005 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 DRW. I am looking to have adaptability for different trailers and different vehicles. The combination would also be used on a 1996 Chevrolet Pickup 1500HD with 6inch suspension lift. Thank you in advance for your help.
asked by: Joseph R
What you need is Pintle Hook combo # TR63011 which comes with a 2 inch ball. I pulled one from the warehouse and measured the hole spacing. It is 3-1/2 inches side to side on center and 1-3/4 inches apart up and down on center so it will match the B&W Pintle Hook Mounting Plate # BWPMHD14004.
The mounting plate offers a high degree of adjustability so it will be a good choice for different vehicles and trailers.
- Q&A: Recommended Pintle Hook And Mount With 8 - 10 Inch Rise
- Article: Trailer Wiring Diagrams
- Q&A: Pintle Hook that Can be Used with Military Trailer M1101/M1102
- Q&A: Recommended Pintle Hook Combo to Mount to B&W Plate # BWPMHD14004
- Article: Pintle-Hitches
- Q&A: What is the Difference Between The 2-1/2 Inch Pintle and a 3 Inch Pintle
- Q&A: Tailgate Clearance with Tow Ready # 63058 Pintle Mount
- Article: Trailer Lighting Requirements
- Article: Wiring Trailer Lights with a 7-Way Plug (It's Easier Than You Think)
- Q&A: Recommended 3 Inch Lunette Ring Over 2-1/2 Inch Alternative
- Q&A: Do All Pintle Hitch Mounting Plates have the Same Hole Diameter and Spacing
- Article: How to Choose the Right Trailer Hitch Class
- Article: Performance Chips and Modules
- Article: Brake Controller Installation: Starting from Scratch