How To Fix Damaged Plug on Curt Discovery Trailer Brake Controller
I have a Curt Discovery Brake Controller, 51120, and the plug is damaged. How can I get a new plug?
asked by: Toshi A
I do have an option for you but we don't carry the male side plugs for the Curt Discovery Trailer Brake Controller part # C51120. However, it's really not needed unless you are removing the controller often. I recommend simply attaching the blunt cut wires from the controller (once damaged plug is removed) and attaching them directly to the wires from the adapter harness once you remove the controller side plug from this. In order to do that all you'd really need is butt connectors like part # DW05744-5.
Products Referenced in This Question
- Wire Connectors
- Butt Connectors
- 16-14 Gauge
more information >
- Q&A: Parts Needed to Flat Tow A 2022 Jeep Wrangler 4xe Behind a 2022 Newmar Kountry Star With Air Brakes
- Article: Trailer Wiring Diagrams
- Q&A: Should There Be Any Play After Installing An Easy Grease Trailer Hub and Drum Assembly
- Q&A: Best Replacement for Atwood RV Propane Gas Detector 31013
- Q&A: Replacement Propane Gas Detector for an Atwood 31013 Propane Detector
- Article: How to Adjust Your Trailer Brakes | The Ultimate Guide
- Q&A: What Type of Grease to Use on AKHD-545-35-K Hub and Drum Assembly
- Q&A: What is Difference Between etrailer Trailer Hubs # AKHD-655-6-K and # AKHD-655-6-EZ-K
- Article: Wiring Trailer Lights with a 7-Way Plug (It's Easier Than You Think)
- Article: Wiring Trailer Lights with a 5-Way Plug (It's Easier Than You Think)
- Q&A: Will the Draw-Tite Hitch # DT78MR for 2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Increase my Tongue Weight?
- Article: Most Popular Wheel Bearings
- Article: How to Measure the Bolt Pattern of a Trailer Wheel
- Article: Trailer Maintenance Schedule