Determining The Correct Replacement Pull Out Steps For A 1998 Alpenlite 5th Wheel Trailer
We need new steps for a 1998 Alpenlite 5Fifth wheel 29 ft trailer. Do you have this in stock and what is the shipping time to Tonasket Wa 98855?
asked by: Don P
There's unfortunately no guide to tell us what steps you have on your 1998 Alpenlite 5th wheel trailer so you'll need to measure for the entry height and bracket width in order to determine the correct replacement. To measure for entry height you'll level the trailer and measure from the ground up to the mounting bracket for your current steps. To measure for the bracket width you'll measure from the outer edge to outer edge of the mounting brackets.
For example, the Lippert Manual Pull-Out Step for RVs # LC432687 you were looking at have a 27-1/2" wide x 12" deep and fit an entry height of 24-1/2" - 27-1/2". If these steps don't fit your current mounting brackets, but you still have enough space in the opening you can also cut the old ones off and bolt or weld on outriggers # LC301704 to the width you need to mount the new steps.
Products Referenced in This Question
- Accessories and Parts
- RV and Camper Steps
more information >
- Article: How to Measure for Travel Trailer and Fifth Wheel Steps
- Q&A: Which Lippert Ground Control 3.0 System Is Recommended for a 37' Fifth Wheel
- Q&A: Correct Pull Out Steps For 25.5" Mounting Bracket Width
- Q&A: Will Advent RV AC with Distribution Box and Thermostat Work In Place of Existing Advent Unit
- Q&A: Is There An Auto Setting For The Fan On The Advent RV Air Conditioner
- Q&A: Advent Air RV AC Unit that Uses Ceiling Controls Instead of Wall Controls
- Q&A: Does the Advent Air RV Air Conditioner System ACM135C Turn On and Off Based on Room Temperature
- Q&A: Can Two RV AC Units be Ran Off 30 Amp Power Source
- Article: How to Accurately Measure Trailer Leaf Springs
- Article: 4 Steps to Choosing Your 5th Wheel Pin Box
- Article: No Missteps Here: Best Camper and RV Steps (2022)
- Article: How to Measure for Motorhome Steps
- Article: The Best 5th Wheel Hitches
- Article: Best 2020 Heavy Duty Trucks for Towing a 5th Wheel