Trailer Hitch and Wiring for a 1965 Chevy C/K Series Pickup Short Bed
Will this part 13028 fit a short bed 65 Chevy c-10 pick-up. I notice that it only lists a long bed.
asked by: Glen A
Helpful Expert Reply:
I checked with Curt and they do list trailer hitch # 13028 as a fit for all models of the 1965 Chevy C/K series pickups as long as they do not have the 10 inch deep drop bumper. I have included a link to the installation instructions for you.
To complete the towing set up I also recommend etrailer ball mount kit # EBMK4. It comes with a ball mount, interchangeable ball set, hitch pin with clip, and a storage bag.
For trailer wiring you can use # 18252 which just hardwires into the tail light wiring of the truck. White is ground, green is right turn/brake lights, yellow is left turn/brake lights, and brown is running lights.
Your answer has been submitted!
Products Referenced in This Question
- Custom Fit Vehicle Wiring
- Trailer Hitch Wiring
- No Converter
- 6 Feet Long
- Universal Fit
- 4 Flat
more information >
- Trailer Hitch Ball Mount
- Fixed Ball Mount
- 1-7/8 Inch Ball
- 2 Inch Ball
- Two Balls
- Steel Ball
- Steel Shank - Gloss Black
- Drop - 4 Inch
- Rise - 3 Inch
- Fits 2 Inch Hitch
- 6000 lbs GTW
- Class III
- Ball Mount Kit
more information >
Similar Expert Q&A Pages
- Does My U-Haul Hitch Allow me to Tow a Trailer or Attach an Accessory?
- Position of Hitch Receiver Tube for Curt Class III Hitch 13028 Once Installed on Truck Frame
- Trailer Hitch Recommendation for a 1986 Ford F-150
- Drilling Required to Install Curt Hitch 13028 on a 1983 Chevy C10
- What Does 34 Inch Frame Mean For Determining Hitch Fit on 1998 Chevy C/K Pickup
- Determining Which Trailer Hitch Receiver Will Fit A 1966 Chevrolet P10 Panel Truck
- Hitch That Fits 1977 Chevy C/K Silverado with 35 inch Frame
- Trailer Hitch Receiver Recommendation For a 1971 Chevrolet K5 Blazer
- Dimensions of the Curt Trailer Hitch Receiver
- Curt Hitch Recommendation for a 2000 Chevy Truck
- Curt Hitch Recommendation for a 1965 Chevy C10 Short Bed
- Recommended Hitch for a 1966 Chevy C/10 w/ Standard Bumper
- Trailer Hitch for a 1987 Chevy Blazer Monster Truck with Deep Drop Bumper
- Recommended Trailer Hitch Receiver for 1979 Chevy C10 Truck with Roll Pan Bumper
- Curt Trailer Hitch Receiver and Wiring Compatibility For a 1972 Chevy K10 Pickup With Step Bumper
- Curt Trailer Hitch Receiver Part # 13028 Dimensions
- What Is The Measurement From The Crosstube To The End Of The Receiver On The Curt 13028?
- Fit of Curt 13028 Class III Trailer Hitch on 1965 Chevy C10 Stepside Pickup Truck
- Can Spacers be Added to the Curt Hitch for Bumper Clearance on a 1966 Chevrolet C10
- Will the Curt Hitch 13028 Fit a 1966 Chevrolet C10 with Aftermarket Bumper
- Does Curt Hitch # 13028 Fit 1966 Chevy C10 with Step Bumper
- Trailer Hitch Fits and Spare Tire Size Compatibility on 1990 Chevrolet C/K Z71
- Recommended Trailer Hitch for 1994 Ford F-150 with Roll Pan Bumper
- Hitch for 1989 Chevy K1500 Stepside Short Wheelbase
- Trailer Hitch Receiver Fit For 1995 Ford F-350 Cab & Chassis
- Trailer Hitch Fit for Short Bed 1986 Chevy C/K Series Truck