bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

Identifying an Unknown Gooseneck Trailer Hitch


We have acquired a gooseneck hitch, yet we do not know what kind of vehicle this specific came from, or in which it was intended for. How can we find out what vehicle it would be compatible with/could be used for if any?


Expert Reply:

It looks like you have a Draw-Tite Remove-A-Ball gooseneck trailer hitch # 6300. This hitch fits a lot of trucks with the right installation kit. The installation kits are custom fit to the truck so provided there is a kit for the truck you want to put the hitch on you could use it. Just tell me the year, make, and model of the truck along with the bed and cab sizes and I can determine the proper installation kit.

The other item in your pictures is the Ranch Hitch 5th wheel to gooseneck adapter # AM3100.

click to enlarge
expert reply by:

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Follow up Questions

Edward U.
I bought a 2004 dodge 2500 with a goose neck hitch which I’m trying to figure out it’s manufacture. The hole in my truck bed measures 3.25” ID. In the left rear wheel well there is a lever that you pull to remove or install the ball component. The ball shank is round and would have two cross holes for the latch pins to engage. Do you have any idea of the manufacture? Thanks
Etrailer Expert
Reply from Jon G.

It sounds like you might have the Curt Double Lock # C607-661 or EZr Double Lock # C60682 installed on your 2004 Dodge Ram 2500.

Q & A Icon

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>