Will The Thule EasyFold XT Bike Rack Fit On A 2010 Toyota RAV4 With A Spare Tire
Will the XT-2 hold two e bikes on a 2010 Toyota RAV4 with the rear spare tire on the back?
asked by: John P
Helpful Expert Reply:
When the Thule EasyFold XT Bike Rack for 2 Electric Bikes # TH903202 is mounted in the trailer hitch receiver you'll have an 11-1/4" spacing from the center of the hitch pin hole to closest portion of the shank/tilting mechanism and a 15" spacing from to the towers for the arms. From the hitch pin hole up to end of the shank/tilting mechanism it's approximately 8" so the towers would most likely be the only thing to potentially interfere with your spare tire.
I recommend measuring from the center of the hitch pin hole out to the outer edge of the spare tire to confirm if 15" would be enough clearance.
(click to enlarge)
Featured Help Information
- Shop: Curt Trailer Hitch Receiver - Custom Fit - Class III - 2"
- Shop: Trailer Hitch
- Article: Best Bike Racks for Electric Bikes
- Q&A: Can a 2019 Chevrolet Spark Carry 2 E-Bikes Using a Hitch Mounted Bike Rack?
- Article: How to Choose the Right Trailer Hitch Class
- Q&A: What is the Difference Between a Class II and a Class III Hitch?
- Q&A: What Are the Differences Between the Kuat Piston Pro and Piston Pro X Bike Racks
- Article: Best Bike Racks for Fat Bikes
- Article: Best Bike Racks for Women's Bikes
- Q&A: Recommended Bike Rack Compatible With Bikes With Front Fenders
- Q&A: Why Does Thule Epos Have Cable Lock and Locks on Straps
- Q&A: Will a Rear Rack on a Verve 2 E-Bike Cause Issues When Using the Kuat Transfer V2 Bike Rack?
- Article: How to Carry Bikes While Towing a Travel Trailer
- Q&A: Best E-Bike Rack that Fits 1-1/4 inch Trailer Hitch
- Article: Trailer Hitch Receiver Sizes
- Article: How to Choose a Hitch-Mounted Bike Rack