Can Electric Brakes Be Installed and Used on a Boat Trailer While It Is Submerged in Water?
I am looking to change my boat trailer to electric brakes. wheel is 5 x 4.5. are electric brakes waterproof for use submerged in water while loading and launching boat. Thanks for your help
asked by: Don J
I do have a recommendation for you as electric brake assemblies should never be connected when submerged in water. Instead the best route to go would be to use an electric over hydraulic actuator such as the Hydrastar Drum # HS481-8065 or Disc # HS481-8067. These kits are specific to either drum or disc brakes and include weather tight connectors to keep out moisture.
You will be able to pair these with your current hydraulic brakes, or if you can provide me with details on your current brakes and the dimensions for your spindle I will be able to give you replacement options for either drum or disc brakes if the assemblies need changed out.
Your answer has been submitted!
Products Referenced in This Question
- Brake Actuator
- Electric-Hydraulic Brake Actuator
- 1600 psi
- Disc Brakes
more information >
Similar Expert Q&A Pages
- Recommended Electric Over Hydraulic Actuator For a Tandem 3,500lb Axle Boat Trailer
- Is A Hydrastar Electric Over Hydraulic Actuator Adapter Module Needed For A 2020 GMC Sierra 1500
- Can You Switch The Brakes On a U-Haul Trailer Over To Electric?
- Is a Hydrastar Electric Over Hydraulic Actuator Adapter Module Needed on a 2021 GMC Sierra 3500HD
- Switching a 2002 Tricker Boat Trailer From Hydraulic To Electric Brakes
- Are Electric Over Hydraulic Brakes Required To Have Trailer Brakes Work at Boat Ramp?
- Options For Converting Trailer With Hydraulic Surge Brakes To Being Controlled By a Brake Controller