Can Horizontal E-Tracks Be Secured to Vertical E-Tracks
We bought a enclosed trailer that has Vertical E track already installed in it. I was wondering if there was a good way to attach Horizontal E track over it. Horizontal makes more sense to secure a load in our world. this is a brand new trailer and we do not want to drill into the wall. It is a Celltech trailer and they advertise horizontal on top of vertical but i was hoping someone would know the best to attach them and still have the correct load capacity. Thank you
asked by: Tim I
In order to install horizontal E-Tracks, like the etrailer # e42VR, you're going to have to install supports inside your trailer to fix them to. According to my research that CellTech wall isn't solid enough to drill into which is why supports are needed.
Unfortunately there isn't a way to properly secure horizontal E-Tracks to the vertical E-Tracks already in your trailer.
- Shop: etrailer Horizontal E-Track - Black Powder Coated Steel - 2,000 lbs - 94" Long - Qty 4
- Article: How to Install E-Track in 3 Easy Steps
- Article: Cargo Tie-Down Methods
- Q&A: Is E-track Stronger Than X-track, Is There An Advantage Of One Over The Other
- Q&A: Can etrailer Horizontal E-Tracks e42VR Be Installed By An Amateur?
- Article: Trailer Wiring Diagrams
- Q&A: Differences Between Different Brands of E-Track
- Article: Determining Trailer Tongue Weight
- Article: Trailer Lighting Requirements
- Article: 5 Things to Know About Weight Distribution Hitches
- Q&A: Will the etrailer E-Track Backing Plates with Hardware Work with 2,000 Lb etrailer E-Tracks
- Q&A: Will the etrailer Horizontal E-Tracks Work for Securing a Vehicle and Does Every Hole Need Be Used
- Q&A: Optimal Direction of Pull When Using E Track
- Q&A: Screws or Bolts For etrailer Horizontal E-Track e42VR
- Article: How to Measure the Bolt Pattern of a Trailer Wheel