Where to Tap Into Reverse Light Circuit to Install Trailer Connector Adapter with Backup Alarm
I have a 1999 dodge Ram 2500 diesel truck you do know if there is a backup lights power some where to hook up the back up horn yellow wire too. Or what do I need?
asked by: George F
To wire in the reverse light wire on Curt 7-Way connector # C57102 for the back up alarm to work you will need to tap into a reverse light wire behind a reverse light on your 1999 Dodge Ram.
If you do not wish to tap into the wire there then you can trace the harness to a more accessible location. Then use a circuit tester such as # PTW2991, to find the correct wire before tapping into it. Be sure that the white ground wire on the 7-Way is attached to the truck frame. Otherwise the harness will not function.
I have also linked a video that might help you.
Your answer has been submitted!
Products Referenced in This Question
- Electrical Tools
- Circuit Tester
- Performance Tool
more information >
Featured Help Information
Similar Expert Q&A Pages
- What Circuits Of The 7-Way Blade Connector Are Required To Use a Curt Echo Trailer Brake Connector?
- Parts Needed To add a 7-Way With Trailer Charge Line On a 2022 Ford Bronco
- Add 7-Pin to 2022 Hyundai Palisade with Factory Tow-Package
- Wiring Needed To Install A Curt Echo and Curt 7-Way With Backup Alarm On a 2016 Kia Sportage
- Recommended Brake Controller and 7-Way Connector for a 2022 Subaru Outback Premium
- Does Brake Controller Installed on Trailer Require Blue Wire to Be Connected on Tow Vehicle
- How Does the Curt Connector # C57102 Wire Up
- Parts Needed to Install a Brake Controller and 7-Way in a 2012 Lincoln Navigator
- Does the Alarm Always Sound in Reverse on the Curt Trailer Connector Adapter with Backup Alarm?
- Does The Curt 7-Way Require a 12 Volt Charge Line To Be Connected When Brake Controller Isn't Needed
- Do All 7 Circuits of 7-Way Need to be Ran When Installing Brake Controller
- Parts Needed to Add 7-Way and Brake Controller on 2017 Subaru Outback Wagon
- What is the Blue Wire on the Curt C57102 7-way Connector with Backup Alarm Used For
- Does Curt 7-Way with Backup Alarm Work on 2021 Hyundai Palisade
- Does the Backup Alarm on Curter Trailer Connector Adapter # C57102 Sound Just when Towing
- What are the Wire Functions of the CURT Trailer Connector Adapter, # C57102
- Parts Needed to Add a Trailer Brake Controller on a 2000 Toyota 4Runner
- Could 4-Way to 7-Way Adapter with Reverse Alarm Fit 2020 Honda Odyssey with 4-Way
- Factory Trailer Wiring Harness Connection Point on a 2001 Toyota Highlander
- Adding a 4- or 7-Way Trailer Connector to a 2017 Chrysler Pacifica
- Recommended Wiring Harness For A 2022 Volkswagen ID 4
- Installation of the Curt Trailer Connector and Back-Up Alarm # C57102 on a 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee
- 2021 Hyundai Palisade 5-Pole Flat Wiring Harness Recommendation
- How To Attach A Brake Controller To My 1999 Dodge Dakota Sport V4
- Recommended 7-Way Connector for a 2013 Honda CR-V
- Installing a 7 way Plug On An Australian 1998 Land Rover Discovery
- Universal Version of the Curt Trailer Connector # C57101
- Trailer Wiring For A 2022 Nissan Frontier
- How To Get A 7-Way and 4-Way Trailer Connector On A 2012 Ford F150 With Only a Factory 4-Flat