Trailer Wiring Recommendation for 4-Way Wishbone Replacement on 1997 Car Hauler
I have a1997 Jaimie’s Welding 18’ carhauler flatbed trailer with a GW 7,000 lbs I am rebuilding. The previous owner did removal instead of repair. I currently have pieced together wiring for lights only. Is there a 4-pin wishbone wiring harness kit that controls both brakes and lights brakes, turn signals, tail lights?
asked by: Lt B
For a standard wishbone harness that carries the trailer light functions I recommend the 25 Ft 4-Way Trailer Wiring Harness # A25W2GWB. This has 2 different leads for both the running and ground functions so you can easily route those down each side of your trailer.
If your trailer also has brakes then you need some additional wiring parts as the trailer brakes will be on their own circuit. For this you'll need harness I mentioned above along with the following:
- 7-Way Molded Trailer Wire Connector # H20043
- Junction Box and Installation Kit # 3430001-JBK
- 10 Gauge Wire # 10-1-1 (sold by the foot)
The junction box makes it really easy to keep all of your wiring organized and then the 7-Way is required for trailers with brakes. The butt connectors that come with the junction box can be used to make your trailer brake connections as well.
Your answer has been submitted!
Products Referenced in This Question
- Single Wire
- 10 Gauge
more information >
- Accessories and Parts
- Trailer Brake Controller
- Installation Kits
- Junction Box
more information >
- Trailer Wiring
- Trailer Connectors
- Trailer End Connector
- 0 - 5 Feet Long
- Plug and Lead
- 7 Round - Blade
more information >
Similar Expert Q&A Pages
- Troubleshooting Wishbone Wiring
- Wishbone Trailer 4-Way Wiring for Aluminum Trailer
- How To Connect Ground Wires On Snowmobile Trailer With Thick Steel Frame?
- Availability of 16 Gauge Wire for Trailer Lights
- Tracker Boat Trailer Wires With 7 Wires Connecting Into A 4 Pin Plug
- Recommended 4-Way Flat Wiring Harness For an Aluminum Trailer
- Wiring for Thinline LED Trailer Taillight # A25W2GWB
- Should Ground Wire of Trailer Wiring Run to Frame of Trailer or Back to Light Assemblies
- Trailer Light Kits With Wishbone Wiring And Full Length Ground, Running Lights and Brake/Turn Wires
- Replacement Trailer Lighting and Wiring Harness for a Big Tex 70PL Utility Trailer
- Grounding a 4-Way Wishbone Trailer Connector
- Recommended Trailer Wiring Harness for a Boat Trailer
- Availability of 25 Foot Long Replacement 4-Way Harness for Trailer
- What Type of Trailer Wiring Does Boat Trailer Typically Have
- How To Wire 4-Pole Harness with 5 Wires
- Submersible Tail Lights and 4-Way Wiring With Full Length Ground Wires For 15' Aluminum Boat Trailer
- What Gauge Wiring Is Used On the 25 Ft 4-Way Trailer Wiring Harness # A25W2GWB?
- 4-Way Wiring Harness For Boat Trailer With Blinkers on Trailer Tongue
- Parts Needed To Wire a Tandem Axle Trailer With a 7-Way and Full Length Ground Wires
- Parts Needed to Add 4-Way to Trailer & Tow With Vehicle With 7-Way
- Replacement Wiring Harness For a Adams Drift Boat Trailer
- Can a 4-Way Flat Harness With Full Length Ground Wires Be Used In Place Of Grounding To Frame?
- Trailer Wiring Harness Compatible with Peterson 435800 Trailer Stop/Turn/Taillight
- Recommended Oval Taillight Wiring Kit for Kayak Trailer
- How To Wire A Trailer With A 4-Pole Wire Harness
- Can 7-Way and 4-Way Both Install on Trailer for Separate Wiring Circuits
- Replacement 4-Way Flat Trailer Wiring Harness For 10' Trailer
- Troubleshooting Trailer Lights on a Jayco Camper Flashing All Lights When Running Lights Are On
- Parts Needed To Install A Trailer Tail Light That Has 4 Wires