Can the etrailer Cable Lock Be Used to Secure Kayaks to a Trailer with Kayak Carriers
I have the Rhino Rack Nautic attached to my Sylvansport Go trailer. It’s perfect for our needs. I ran a bike cable lock through the holes and locked it to the trailer while we were on the water. What i also need is a way to lock the kayaks to the carrier. I think this cable lock is skinny enough to go through the scupper holes of all 4 kayaks then around the roof rack. Does this make sense? Thanks for any advice!
asked by: Teri K
Helpful Expert Reply:
What you are saying makes sense to me. As long as your scupper holes are larger than 5/16" in diameter, the etrailer Cable Lock # e98891 will fit through the holes. It seems like a pretty ingenious way to secure your kayaks, especially given that most kayaks do not have great locking points.
The other nice thing about the etrailer Cable Lock # e98891 is that if you order more than 1 and select the keyed alike option, you can have one key that operates all of the locks.
- Q&A: Recommended Single Bike Rack for a Tern HSD P9 Bike With Fenders
- Q&A: What is Benefit to Stretchiness of Front Runner Stretch Cargo Strap
- Q&A: How Much Tailgate Clearance Does The Hollywood Racks Destination Bike Rack Provide
- Article: 2023 Best Gifts for Outdoor Enthusiasts
- Q&A: How To Prevent Theft Of Your B&W 5th Wheel Hitch
- Article: How to Choose the Right Trailer Hitch Class
- Q&A: What is the Difference Between a Class II and a Class III Hitch?
- Article: Which Hitches are Made in the USA
- Article: My Trailer Hitch Doesn't Fit
- Q&A: How to Secure Portable Generator to Trailer A-Frame
- Q&A: Cable Lock Recommendation for a Kuat Beta 2.0 Bike Rack
- Article: 2023 Best Gifts for RVers & Campers
- Article: 2023 Holiday Must Haves
- Article: How Much Solar Power Do I Need For My RV?