Availability of Hitch for 2013 Ford F-150 With Factory Installed Tow Hitch
I need to replace a 2013 F150 Ford factory installed tow hitch. Do you folks have one that will replace it? I understand that some hitches will not work due to bumper mounting some of the factory hitch.
asked by: Dennis O
There are two ways to add a hitch to your 2013 Ford F-150 that already has a factory hitch installed. The first is to add the TorkLift # TLF1005H. This is only designed for short bed models and trucks with a factory hitch rated for 10,500 lbs. It also installs along with the factory hitch instead of replacing it.
The second option is to use the Draw-Tite Max-Frame # 75691 you were looking at. However, you can't simply install it by removing the existing factory hitch. You will need to find a 2009-2014 F-150 that did not have the factory hitch at a salvage yard. If you take the bumper and bumper brackets off and use them to replace what is on your truck you will be able to install the Draw-Tite hitch. This is a bit more complicated but will also save you a lot of money.
Products Referenced in This Question
- Trailer Hitch
- Custom Fit Hitch
- Class IV
- 800 lbs TW
- 8000 lbs GTW
- 15000 lbs WD GTW
- 2 Inch Hitch
- 1500 lbs WD TW
- Visible Cross Tube
more information >
Featured Help Information
- Article: How to Choose the Right Trailer Hitch Class
- Article: Brake Controller 7- and 4-Way Installation Kit (ETBC7)
- Q&A: Recommended Trailer Hitch for a Isuzu Box Truck
- Q&A: What is the Difference Between a Class II and a Class III Hitch?
- Q&A: Slide Topper Recommendation for Box Width of 90.5 Inches on Gulf Stream Vintage 23BHS
- Article: 5 Things to Know About Weight Distribution Hitches
- Q&A: Recommended Flat Towing Parts for a 2023 Ford Maverick
- Article: Determining Trailer Tongue Weight
- Article: Brake Controller Installation: Starting from Scratch
- Article: My Trailer Hitch Doesn't Fit
- Q&A: Factory Connection Point to Install a Trailer Brake Controller on a 2014 Ford F-150
- Q&A: Can Timbren Helper Springs be Installed on a 2007 Ford F-150 with a Slight Lift
- Q&A: Could Hanging Scale be Used to Measure Tongue Weight
- Article: Wiring Trailer Lights with a 4-Way Plug (It's Easier Than You Think)