bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

Gooseneck Ball Replacement for an Older Hide a Goose type Gooseneck Hitch  


I have an older hide a goose type hitch in a 2001 F250 Superduty pu. The hitch is ok the ball is ruined. It is a round 2 5/16 receiver for a 2 5/16 ball with a 5inch shaft the hole for the retainer pin is offset in the receiver on one side. So it looks like Id need a turnover ball with the indent for the retainer pin about 2inch down from where the shaft is full size. The hole would be off center, most likely. Do you have any or any ideas where one is?


Expert Reply:

Is there a brand name anywhere on the hitch? You might have to crawl underneath your vehicle to see if it has a brand name and possibly a model name or part number. If its a Reese Hide a Goose system part # 9460, # 9461, # 9462, or # 9463 then a gooseneck ball like part # 19309 would be what you would need.

I attached a page that has all of the replacement gooseneck balls we offer.

expert reply by:
Jameson C

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Continue Researching

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>