bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

Recommended Ball Mount And Ball For A 2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac  


Hi there. My husband and I just bought a 2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac and it has a little hitch on it. We need the ball and the mount. We are hoping to get a trailer to haul some items. What would I need for our truck?


Expert Reply:

I can certainly help point you in the right direction. The big thing here is we want to make sure your trailer will be level when you are towing. A 2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac should have a hitch height right around 14". You can confirm this by measuring from the upper inside edge of your hitch receiver to the ground.

We also want to confirm the coupler height of your trailer. Most average trailers have a coupler height around 17". You can confirm this by parking your trailer on level ground and measuring from the bottom edge of the coupler to the ground. If your trailer is close to the 17" average, you will want a ball mount with about 3" of rise. For that I recommend the etrailer Ball Mount Kit # EBMK4, provided your vehicle does have the standard 2" hitch receiver. This will come with your ball mount, both a 1-7/8" and 2" ball, a pin and clip and a carrying case.

expert reply by:
Jesse M

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Continue Researching

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>