bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

Using Hub Centric Rings on Trailer Wheels


Hi there, I purchased three tires with wheels in the past week or so. They arrived and I love them! My question pertains to that drums on my trailer being vintage are the style of VW and Mercedes in that their are no lugs just threaded holes in which bolts go to hold the tire on. No problem there but the hole center on the tires is bigger than the hub leaving a space around the hub. I was told that they make a spacer to go around the hub to center the tires easier when changing in case of flat, etc. Do you sell these or can you refer me to a place that does? Thanks so much in advance.


Helpful Expert Reply:

A spacer or hub-centric ring is sometimes used on passenger vehicles, but our resident wheel and tire guru tells me that they aren't needed for use on trailers, due to the weight load a trailer wheel will be under.

If you feel you need them, you can do a Google search on 'Hub Centric Rings' and you'll find plenty of them. If you decide to use them, I'd avoid the plastic rings and use the aluminum ones.

helpful expert reply by:
Mike L

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>