bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

Hitch Reducer Needed to Use Accessory with 1-1/4 inch Shank in a 2 Inch Receiver on Ford Escape  


I have a 2in trailer hitch on my Ford Escape I have a bike carrier with a 1 1/4 inch opening for the hitch. What sort of adapter do I need? I read through some of your products and got confused on the terminology and the video sound was not working. I am dummy at this, so sorry to bother. I do not need to extend anything and do not want an extension just the right adapter for coupling the two. Thanks


Expert Reply:

To install a bike rack meant for a 1-1/4 inch receiver in the 2 inch receiver on your Escape, you'll need a hitch reducer like part # HT02. The reducer sleeve includes the 1/2 inch pin to secure the 1-1/4 inch accessory into the sleeve, but the 5/8 inch pin to secure the sleeve into the 2 inch receiver is sold separately as part # PC3.

expert reply by:
Mike L

Products Referenced in This Question

Video/Article/FAQ this Question was Asked From

Article or Video