Wiring a Third Brake Light for a Camper Shell on a 2009 Nissan Frontier
hookup brake light for topper from oem tow package 2009 nissan frontier?
asked by: Ralph
In order to wire up a third brake light on a camper shell you are going to need to locate a dedicate brake light only circuit on your 2009 Nissan Frontier. The tow package wiring will not work because the turn signals and brake light circuits are on the same wire.
You could use the third brake light at the top of the cap (if equipped) and tap into the brake light there by removing the light to access its wiring.
Or you could use a fuse tap and tap the CHMSL fuse. Use the owners manual to find the CHMSL fuse location.
And finally, a place that installs camper shells may know of a wire under the truck that carriers a brake light only signal.
Your answer has been submitted!
Similar Expert Q&A Pages
- What 7-Way Connector Will Fit in the Factory Hole on a 2006 GM Pickup Truck
- Replacement 7-Way Recommendation for 2018 Ford F-150
- Troubleshooting Trailer Running Light Fuse Blowing on Truck
- Installation Instructions For Hopkins 4-Pole To 7-Pole And 4-Pole Adapter On 2002 Ford F-150
- Brake Output Wire is Not Attached to 7-Way Trailer Connector on a 2005 GMC Sierra
- Troubleshooting 7-Way Installation that Has No Right Turn or Stop Lights on Trailer
- Wire Gauge Recommended for a 7-Way Trailer Connector
- Troubleshooting Trailer Right Turn/Stop Circuit Not Functioning on Truck
- Third Brake Light Wire for Camper Shell on 2012 Chevy Silverado
- 7-Way Trailer Wiring Pin Locations
- Right Hand Trailer Stop/Turn Signal Circuit Not Working on 2007 Toyota Tundra
- Troubleshooting Brake Controller That Is Putting Out Voltage When At Rest
- Troubleshooting Faint Taillight Functions on a Horse Trailer
- Brackets for Installing 7-way Trailer Connector on 2004 Chevy Silverado
- Recommended Replacement 7-Way Connector
- Do Changes Need to be Made to Switch From Prodigy RF Brake Controller to Standard
- Troubleshooting Trailer Wiring Where Only Right Turn/Stop Signal isn't Working
- What is the Red and Black Wire on a 1997 Dodge Ram For Installing a 7-Way
- Troubleshooting Trailer Wiring Short On 2003 Chevy Tahoe
- What is the Correct Replacement for a PA66-MD40 on a 2011 Mercedes Benz GL Class?
- Trailer Running Lights Keep Blowing Fuses when Turned On
- Troubleshooting Ground Problem On Trailer
- How To Test Functionality Of 7 Way Wiring
- Trailer Light Fuse in 2004 Chevy Silverado Blows When Any Trailer is Connected to 7-way
- Parts Needed to Add Brakes to a 1995 Jayco Camper 1005
- Parts Needed To Add a 7-Way Connector On a 2008 Ford F-150
- Troubleshooting 7-Way of 2010 Jeep Wrangler Not Active
- 7-way Trailer Connector Color Codes For Wiring In a 4-Pole Connector