What Hitch Allows Use of Extender to Clear Rear of Slide-In Camper in 1999 Ford F-350
I have a 1999 F-350. I was looking at your C15410 class V hitch. I have an eleven foot slide-in box camper and was wondering if I could extend the ball part of the hitch to get out behind the camper?
asked by: Harold L
It sounds like you need about 3-feet of additional length from your hitch to clear the back of your slide-in camper. There is a product to do this but it requires a specific brand of hitch; the Curt Class V hitch you referenced, part # C15410 is not suitable for this application.
If your F-350 has a standard or step bumper you can use TorkLift Trailer Hitch # TLF1002 which is a dual-receiver Class V design. With this you can use the TorkLift SuperTruss Hitch Extension # TLE1536 that will provide 36-inches of additional length and a 2-inch receiver opening for your ball mount.
I have linked videos for both of these products for your review.
Your answer has been submitted!
Products Referenced in This Question
- Hitch Adapters
- Hitch Extender
- 36 Inch Extension
- Fits 2 Inch Hitch
- 6500 lbs
more information >
Similar Expert Q&A Pages
- Bolt Hole Dimensions and Trucks Torklift Hitch # TLF1002
- Trailer Hitch Recommendation for Fitting Bus with 40 inch Wide Frame
- Recommended Heavy Duty Hitch Receiver for a 2005 Ford F-250
- Long Hitch Extension and High Capacity Hitch Recommendation for a Ford F250 Super Duty
- Does Torklift Hitch # TLF1002 Fit 4WD and 2WD Versions of 2011 Ford F-250
- 32-42 Inch Hitch Extension Options With Chains For a 1999 Ford F-250 Super Duty
- Can Side Plates On TorkLigt Super Hitch Be Replaced To Fit A Different Model Truck?
- Rear Camper Tie-Downs for 1999 Ford F-250 With TorkLift SuperHitch Original Trailer Hitch
- Would Torklift SuperHitch from 2006 Ford F-350 Fit 2006 F-250
- Replacement Hardware For The TorkLift SuperHitch Original Trailer Hitch Receiver # TLF1002
- TorkLift Camper Tie-Downs & Receiver For 2004 Ford F-250 Short Bed Truck W/ Air Lift Helper Springs
- 24" Trailer Hitch Extension For a 2011 Ford F-350 To Be Able To Tow 10,000LBS Trailer Weight
- TorkLift Tie-Downs for 2015 Ford F-350 Super Duty with SuperHitch Original Trailer Hitch
- Hitch and 42 inch Hitch Extender Recommendation for 2005 Ford F-350
- TorkLift Hitch Extensions for TorkLift SuperHitch Compatibility
- Best Bike Rack for use With TorkLift SuperTruss on 2016 Ford F-350
- 7-Way Bracket Recommendation to Attach to Trailer Wiring Bracket of Torklift Hitch TLF1002
- Availability of Very Long Hitch Extension for 2011 Ford F-450
- Solution for Hitch Extension With 1,000 Pound TW and 10,000 Pound GTW Capacity on 2000 F-350
- Ladder Rack, Air Helper Suspension and Hitch Extension Options for 2008 Ford F350
- Availability of 24" Hitch Extension for Use with 2008 Ford F-250
- Class V Trailer Hitch Options for a 2002 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4x4 Lariat
- How To Tow a Trailer Using a 1999 Ford F-350 With Truck Bed Camper That Overhangs Rear Hitch
- Will a Towed Vehicle have More Side to Side Movement Using a 48 Inch TorkLift SuperTruss Extension
- Can TorkLift SuperTruss Hitch Extension Work With Trailer Hitch Already Installed On 2006 Ford Truck
- 42" Hitch Extension for TorkLift SuperHitch on 2014 Ford F-350
- Torklift Superhitch Options For 1999 Ford F-350 Super Duty
- Recommended 41" to 48" Hitch Extender for a 2 inch Hitch Receiver