Cable Lock To Secure Fifth Wheel To Truck Bed On 2014 Ford Super Duty
I have the BandW companion 5th wheel hitch. The one that fits the in bed rails. The question I have is do you all sell something that will lock the hitch into the bed? Just so no one walks away with it if we needed to leave it in bed. Thanks
asked by: John R
Helpful Expert Reply:
I spoke with my contact at B & W about your Companion hitch in your 2014 Ford Super Duty. They said they do not offer any lock system for that hitch and were unable to recommend anything.
My recommendation is to possibly use a locking cable system and attach it to the tie-downs in the bed of your truck. It may be enough of a deterrent to thieves so that they leave it alone. You could possibly feed the cable through the gooseneck safety chain loops when the hitch is installed.
We do offer a plastic coated cable like part # e98891 you may want to check out. This is 5/16 inch diameter plastic coated cable that is 10 ft long and features a covered key cylinder. I have included a link to a product review video for this cable system you can check out.
- Q&A: Recommended Single Bike Rack for a Tern HSD P9 Bike With Fenders
- Q&A: What is Benefit to Stretchiness of Front Runner Stretch Cargo Strap
- Q&A: How Much Tailgate Clearance Does The Hollywood Racks Destination Bike Rack Provide
- Article: 2023 Best Gifts for Outdoor Enthusiasts
- Q&A: How To Prevent Theft Of Your B&W 5th Wheel Hitch
- Article: How to Choose the Right Trailer Hitch Class
- Q&A: What is the Difference Between a Class II and a Class III Hitch?
- Article: Which Hitches are Made in the USA
- Article: My Trailer Hitch Doesn't Fit
- Q&A: How to Secure Portable Generator to Trailer A-Frame
- Q&A: Cable Lock Recommendation for a Kuat Beta 2.0 Bike Rack
- Article: 2023 Best Gifts for RVers & Campers
- Article: 2023 Holiday Must Haves
- Article: How Much Solar Power Do I Need For My RV?