Can Swagman Bumper Mount Adapter Mount Underneath Bumper
The bumper mount, of a receiver for a bike rack, reads for top of the bumper only. Why is that ? As I would like to mount it below the bumper underneath on my camper. It looks strong and stable enough. Thanks
asked by: Richard S
I spoke with my contact at Swagman and was informed that the RV 2 inch Receiver Bumper Mount Adapter, # S64025, cannot be mounted underneath of the bumper because the bolts included with the receiver are not designed to handle the tongue weight required of it in that position.
One option we have for mounting a receiver under the bumper of your camper is the RV Bumper 2 inch Trailer Hitch Receiver, # E-100. However, you cannot exceed the limits of your camper bumper. The bumper towing and tongue capacities may be indicated on the bumper itself, but if not you could check your camper owner's manual or contact the manufacturer of your camper.
I have included a video review of # E-100 for you to check out.
Products Referenced in This Question
- RV and Camper Hitch
- Bumper Mount Hitch
- 4 x 4 Inch Bumper
- 350 lbs TW
- 3500 lbs GTW
- 2 Inch Hitch
more information >
Featured Help Information
- Q&A: Recommended Tire Chains For A 2024 Toyota RAV4
- Q&A: Will The Stromberg Carlson Trailer Tray Cargo Carrier Have Enough Clearance Over The Propane Tanks
- Q&A: Bolt Hole Dimensions of Buyers Products RV Bumper Receiver Hitch
- Q&A: Hitch Recommendation for 2019 Winnebago Micro Minnie Travel Trailer
- Q&A: Hitch Pin to Use with etrailer RV Bumper Hitch part # e38HR
- Article: How to Measure the Bolt Pattern of a Trailer Wheel
- Article: Must-Have Flat Towing Components
- Q&A: Comparing the Yakima HoldUp and Yakima HoldUp EVO
- Article: How to Choose a Hitch-Mounted Bike Rack
- Article: How to Choose a Bike Rack for a Truck
- Article: My Trailer Hitch Doesn't Fit
- Q&A: What Is The Speed Rating in Mile Per Hour for L on Trailer Tires?
- Article: Hitch Adapters and Extenders
- Article: How to Choose the Right Trailer Hitch Class