bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

How to Run a 12v Power Wire to a 7-Way on a 1984 F150 for Camper Install


I have a 1984 Ford F150 that I am going to be using for hauling my cab over camper. The camper has a 7 pin connector, so I need a matching connector for the truck. I have located all of the wiring that I will need for the plug, except the wire for 12v power. Is there a wire I need to splice into or can I just run a wire from the battery to the plug? The truck is a 1984 F150 with a 4.9L I6 engine and 2wd.


Expert Reply:

For a 7-way for your truck you would want the Hopkins 7-Way part # HM47210. This would work well with the camper's 7-way.

For the 12 volt circuit you would want to run a 10 gauge wire like part # 10-1-1 (sold by the foot) through a 40 amp circuit breaker like part # PK54540 to the positive post of your vehicle battery.

expert reply by:
Jameson C

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>