bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

Installing the Roadmaster 6-Diode Universal Wiring Kit on a Vehicle with Separate Tail Light Wiring


I have a Ford 2012 edge. I ordered the 154 universal wiring kit. I have a separate towed vehicle to a combination motor home. I dont understand where I wire the signal lights in at. Can someone please help me.Thank you


Expert Reply:

Since your 2012 Ford Edge has a 3-wire, or separate, tail light system and your motorhome has a 2-wire, or combined, tail light wiring system, you will want to use the vehicle to vehicle tail light converter, # 118158, and the two additional diodes, # RM-792, to connect the turn signal wires. The converter will separate the turn signal and brake light signal coming from the motorhome to make it compatible with the tail light wiring on your Edge.

You can access the tail light wiring on your Edge behind the tail light assemblies. Use a circuit tester, like part # 40376, to probe each of the wires to determine their function. You should have one wire for the running lights, one wire for the brake lights and one wire for the turn signals behind each tail light. You will put a diode in line with each of those wires to tap in the vehicle to vehicle tail light converter. You will connect the wires on the output side of the converter to the diodes. The wires on the input side of the converter will connect to the 4-wire harness that runs to the front of the vehicle to connect to the motorhome.

click to enlarge
expert reply by:
John H

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>