Difficulty Removing Locking Knob on Surco Spare Tire Mounted Bike Rack
I cant unscrew the security bolt. What is the trick?
asked by: Kelli
If you are talking about the locking knob on the Surco spare tire bike rack # BT300 then unless it is unlocked the knob will just spin. Sometimes you have to put tension on the knob by pushing in or pulling out on it while turning it.
If you are talking about another part of the rack, let me know and I can help troubleshoot further.
- Q&A: Can the Surco Spare Tire 3-Bike Carrier be Installed Without the Spare Tire on a 2013 Jeep Wrangler
- Article: How to Choose a Bike Rack for a Motor Home or RV
- Article: How to Choose the Right Trailer Hitch Class
- Q&A: What Rear Mounted Bike Rack Will Fit On 2005 Honda CRV With Outside Mounted Spare Tire
- Article: How to Choose a Hitch-Mounted Bike Rack
- Q&A: Will the Thule Passage 3 Bike Trunk Mount Bike Rack Fit my 2008 Jeep Patriot
- Q&A: Replacement Locking Knob For The Thule EasyFold XT
- Q&A: Installation/Removal of the Surco BT300 On a Jeep Wrangler
- Q&A: Recommended Trailer Hitch for 2018 Honda CR-V
- Q&A: Comparing Draw-Tite and Curt 2 inch Trailer Hitches for a 2019 Honda CR-V
- Article: What is an RV-Approved Bike Rack? (And Do You REALLY Need One?)
- Article: How to Choose a Spare-Tire-Bike Rack
- Article: What Do I Need To Tow A Trailer?
- Article: How to Choose a Bike Rack That Will Clear a Rear Mounted Spare Tire or Bumper