Recommended Trailer Hitch For 2012 Ford Escape
For a 2012 Ford Escape, which hitch is the most hidden?
asked by: Mike
We do offer several hitches that are confirmed to fit your 2012 Ford Escape.
Of all the hitches we offer I recommend the Draw-Tite Hitch, part # 75751. This hitch is a Class lll hitch with a 2 inch receiver opening.
When I checked out the photos of the hitches we offer that fit your Escape, this one appears to be the least conspicuous. Due to the design of the vehicles it is difficult to find a hitch that is really concealed.
If you plan on towing with your Escape, I recommend the etrailer Ball Mount Kit, part # 989900. This kit contains 2 ball mounts, 2 hitch balls, a pin and clip and a storage bag. I have attached a product review video for this kit you can take a look at.
for trailer lighting, I recommend the T-One Wiring Harness, part # 118551. Installation is quick and easy by using the connection points behind the tail lights, then running a hit lead to the battery. You may want to check out the attached installation video for this harness.
When working with electrical connectors, I recommend using dielectric grease like part # 11755. This keeps dirt and moisture out of the electrical connections and helps prevent corrosion.
Your answer has been submitted!
Products Referenced in This Question
- Accessories and Parts
- Trailer Wiring
- Dielectric Grease
more information >
- Custom Fit Vehicle Wiring
- Trailer Hitch Wiring
- Powered Converter
- Custom Fit
- 4 Flat
more information >
- Trailer Hitch Ball Mount
- Fixed Ball Mount
- 1-7/8 Inch Ball
- 2 Inch Ball
- Two Balls
- Steel Ball
- Steel Shank - Gloss Black
- Drop - 2 Inch
- Drop - 4 Inch
- Rise - 1 Inch
- Rise - 3 Inch
- Fits 2 Inch Hitch
- 7500 lbs GTW
- Class III
- Ball Mount Kit
more information >
Featured Help Information
Similar Expert Q&A Pages
- Trailer Hitch that Fits 2010 Mercury Mariner
- Does the Draw-Tite Hitch # 75751 fit under the Spare of a 2009 Ford Escape
- Tow Capacity of A 2005 Ford Escape XLT 3.0L V6
- What Tow Wiring do I Need for Towing a U-Haul Trailer on My 2009 Ford Escape?
- Recommended Trailer Hitch and Trailer Wiring Harness for 2012 Ford Escape
- How Do You Remove An OEM Hitch Receiver For A 2005 Ford Escape
- What Does Draw Tite Hitch part # 75751 Weigh
- What Tools are Needed to Install Draw-Tite Trailer Hitch 75751 on a 2006 Ford Escape
- Will Draw-Tite Class III Part # 75751 Fit 2010 Ford Escape With Exhaust Dampener
- Towing Capacity for 2008 Ford Escape with a 3.0 liter V8
- Maximum Towing Capacity of a 2008 Ford Escape Hybrid with 2.3L Engine
- Trailer Hitch For 2011 Ford Escape
- How to Order Replacement Installation Hardware for a Trailer Hitch
- Will Rear Vallance Need to be Trimmed to Install a Trailer Hitch on a 2009 Ford Escape 4x4
- Trailer Hitch, Ball Mount, and Trailer Wiring Recommendations for a 2010 Ford Escape XLT
- Recommended Hitch Fit for 2009 Ford Escape Hybrid
- How Does 4-Way Wiring Plug Mount To Trailer Hitch 75751 On a 2010 Ford Escape Hybrid
- Trailer Hitch and Trailer Wiring Connector for a 2008 Ford Escape Hybrid
- 2 inch Trailer Hitch Recommendation for 2012 Ford Escape
- What is Towing Capacity of 2012 Ford Escape with Draw Tite Hitch 75751 Installed
- Recommended Trailer Hitch Receiver For 2005 Ford Escape
- Can 2012 Ford Escape Tow 1,000 lb Trailer
- Recommended Trailer Hitch for 2011 Ford Escape Hybrid with a Bike Rack with a 2 Inch Shank
- Will the Draw-Tite Max-Frame Class III Trailer Hitch Fit on a 2005 Mazda Tribute S
- Can a Trailer Hitch Be Detected by the Back Up Sensors on a 2009 Ford Escape Hybrid
- Can 1-1/4 Inch Factory Hitch on 2010 Ford Escape Be Removed to Install 2 Inch Hitch
- Trailer Hitch Recommendation for a 2009 Ford Escape Hybrid
- Recommended Hitch for a 2009 Ford Escape Hybrid
- Where is the Draw-Tite Hitch 75751 for a 2011 Ford Escape Made