Bike Adapter Recommendation for Kids Bike on a Yakima FullTilt 5-Bike Rack
Hi, can I safely attach a kid bike using the Tube Top holders which would need to be connected to the 1 seat post and then 2 handle bars as I dont believe the arms of rack w/ its strip holders can clear/fit under the Tube Top if connected to bikes neck?unless I raise the neck real high Is the seat post and handle bars safe enough? thx a million!
asked by: Ben
The bike adapter bar I would recommend for your kid's bike on the Yakima FullTilt 5-Bike Rack that you referenced would be the Swagman Adapter bar # 64005. We have found that this adapter bar is the easiest to use and even has the best price.
It sounds like you are talking about using the crossbar of the handlebars of the bike to attach to the frame adapter bar. The only way I can recommend you use this adapter is how Swagman (and all of the other adapter manufacturers) recommends you use it by attaching to the steering stem and then to the seat post. This adapter is designed specifically for kid's bike like what you have to attach to hanging bike racks like the FullTilt that you referenced so I can safely assure you it will work for you as it is intended to be used.
I attached a review video for the # 64005 for you to check out as well.
Your answer has been submitted!
Similar Expert Q&A Pages
- Swagman Deluxe Bike Frame Adapter Bar Inside Dimensions
- Trunk Mount Bike Rack Fit For 2018 Porsche Macan
- What Rack Do You Recommend to Hold My RadRunner 1 E-Bikes on My 2012 Toyota RAV4?
- Can Swagman Alternative Frame Bike Adapter # 64005 Fit 1-1/2 Inch Seat Post
- Bike Carrying Options for 2012 Mini Countryman
- Can Swagman Bike Frame Adapter 64005 be Used on a Trunk Mounted Bike Rack
- Best Bike Rack For E-Bikes on Motorhome
- Hitch Mounted 4-Bike Rack Recommendation for 2011 Subaru Outback
- Using Swagman Easy-Out Bike Frame Adapter To Level Bike
- Can etrailer 4-Bike Rack be Locked to Trailer Hitch Receiver
- What Is Maximum Bike Weight For Swagman Bike Adapter for Hitch Bike Racks, # 64005,
- Travel Trailer Bike Rack for eBikes with Fenders
- Using Swagman DLX Adapter Bar 64005 With Bike Rack on 24 Foot Travel Trailer
- 2-Bike Platform Rack For Bike with Fenders
- What Do I Need to Secure a Kids' Bike to a Rack?
- How to Load Step-Thru Frame Bikes on Hollywood Racks Sport Rider Platform Style Hitch Bike Carrier
- Does Swagman Bike Adapter Bar Work With Thule Bike Racks?
- Adapter Bar For Step Through E-Bike Frame Carried On A Platform Rack
- Bike Frame Adapter Bar for Swagman XTC Bike Rack
- Hitch Bike Rack Recommendation for 2017 Subaru Outback and 2013 VW GTI
- Rola TX-103 Bike Carrier Compatibility with a 2007 Saturn Outlook
- Does A Mens Trek Marlin Need an Adapter Bar on a Hanging Style Bike Rack
- Recommended 3 Bike Carrier for 2 Adult and 1 Kids Bike for 1-1/4 Inch Hitch on 2018 Nissan Versa
- Do you Need a Bike Adapter Bar when Carrying Womens Bikes
- What Materials is the Swagman Easy Out Bike Adapter Bar Made Of
- Bike Rack Option For 2008 Mercedes-Benz SLK
- Bike Rack Recommendation for Three Bikes Including a Child's Bike
- What Bike Frame Adapter Bar do You Recommend for My Children's Bikes?
- Inadequate Ground Clearance When Using Hitch Mounted Bike Rack on 2011 Honda CR-V