bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

Load Resistor Recommendation to Install Bargman 47-84-009 on a Motorhome


I am looking at replacing my leaking Class C motorhome tail lights with the Bargman 47-84-009. The amount of cutting would be minimal if at all, so physically, they would be a good fit. The motorhome is based on a 2011 Ford E450, and my question is whether or not I have to upgrade my vehicles turn-signal flasher to one that will work with LEDs. Further, I plan on towing a trailer which will NOT have LEDs. Are their any issues with having a LED turn-signal flasher if one is required driving LEDs on the motorhome and incandescent lights on a trailer?


Expert Reply:

What you would need to do to be able to install LED taillights on your motorhome that originally had incandescents would be either to install a different flasher unit like you mentioned or to install load resistors on all of the circuits that flash intermittently (blinkers/flashers).

We don't carry the flasher units so the best solution I can give you would be load resistors. For that you would want the # DI34ZR.

You would have no issue towing a trailer with incandescent bulbs with a tow vehicle with LEDs, especially since your vehicle was originally wired for incandescents.

expert reply by:
Jameson C

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>