bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

Recommended Replacement Trailer Roof Vents for 1965 Streamline Trailer


Do you know if this set is compatible with the ventline as-13M-YDO449? It is from a 1965 Streamline trailer. I need to replace both roof vents.


Expert Reply:

The trailer vent cover you referenced, Ventline's Old Style Rounded Dome Trailer Roof Vent Cover # BV0554-01, is a continuous-hinge type cover that fits many Elixir roof vents made between 1996 and 2007. However, many trailer vents, even those that are 50 years old like those on your 1965 Streamline trailer, share a common size.

Most trailer roof vents are intended for a rough roof opening of 14-1/4 x 14/1/4-inches and this is why the Ventine cover # BV0554-01 measures 14- x 14-inches. So too do the complete roof vent assemblies we offer. The link at right will take you to our main page for trailer roof vents. You can use this page to check for a replacement cover (if you only need the cover) or for complete new roof vent assemblies.

To check for a replacement cover to fit your existing vents you can click on Replacement Lid in the left-hand margin. The key to matching a cover to an existing vent is to choose the type of hinge it uses. We offer 3-point, 4-point and continuous hinge covers. Again most of these are 14 x 14 size.

If you cannot find a cover to work with your existing vent's hinge then we can offer you complete replacement vent assemblies. If you click on Vent Assembly you will have options to use the filters to select either metal or plastic types, with or without a fan and in a range of sizes too. Most will be the 14 x 14-inch size.

For example, if you prefer a flat metal vent with a manual lift then we offer the Ventline Ventadome # V2110SP-24, which is illustrated in the linked review video. This USA-made vent includes a white plastic garnish (the trim ring) and a mill finish on the cover. It will sit 2-inches above your trailer's roof surface once installed.

Once you find a suitable vent you will need an installation kit. We offer two types, one for metal, coated metal or wood roofs, part # 344270KITW, and one for trailers that have a rubberized roof surface, part # CAM25013 from Camco, shown in the linked video.

If you cannot find either suitable covers or replacement vents for your trailer please let me know some additional information about your trailer (and send me a photo or two) and I will be glad to look further for satisfactory alternatives for you.

expert reply by:

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>